Thread: Just Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Just Frustrated

I. How many cals is that for your diet? Based on the level of activity it doesn't look *nearly* enough.

II. That's 9 workouts total per week and you say they're all at max effort (except the light SS day). Hell yeah that's a lot and probably too much.

With a rings workout, CF girls, MMA, AND BJJ I don't think there's a reason to be doing that in addition to 3 heavy SS type workouts plus a light one. Especially if you're doing heavy stuff like DLs, oly lifts and squats.

This would be my recommendation:

Keep your SS type routines and cut out the rings and CF. If you want, you can integrate the rings into your SS type routines so you don't get rid of it completely. This would leave you with 3 heavy SS, 1 light SS and BJJ & MMA. That's basically about 3 strength, 1 light + 2 metcon which isn't half bad. Integrate rings into your SS/light SS workouts especially later in the week.

Organization would be something like:
AM PM
M REST BJJ
T SS MMA
W REST REST
T REST SS
F REST LIGHT SS
S REST SS
S REST REST

If you REALLY want to you can add in something do it on Sat morning. I wouldn't until you can figure out a routine that doesn't make you feel like crap. If it's going to be a metcon do the strength early in the day and put the metcon at night.

Last edited by Steven Low; 10-02-2007 at 02:04 AM..