CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Johnny Mac's Log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35654)

John McBrien 12-24-2008 03:20 PM

Re: Johnny Mac's Log

[B]24 December 2008[/B]
Rest Day

Taking the day off today. DOMS from Monday's workout and yesterday's DLs have done a number for muscle soreness. It's interesting I've read a lot of threads on the board today about rhabdo; a lot of people seem concerned they have it or have had it. I'd like to think this is just DOMS, albeit a little more than usual. Although Sean did joke with me on Monday that he didn't want me to get rhabdo. I would say my current level of conditioning prevents me from pushing myself to that point. My back is very tight from yesterday's heavy DL/PP workout, but I plan on addressing that with a lot of form work after the holiday. Plenty of stretching and SMR are just what the doctor ordered.

Sean Dunston 12-26-2008 08:25 AM

[QUOTE=John McBrien;478728][B]24 December 2008[/B]
Rest Day

Taking the day off today. DOMS from Monday's workout and yesterday's DLs have done a number for muscle soreness. It's interesting I've read a lot of threads on the board today about rhabdo; a lot of people seem concerned they have it or have had it. I'd like to think this is just DOMS, albeit a little more than usual. Although Sean did joke with me on Monday that he didn't want me to get rhabdo. I would say my current level of conditioning prevents me from pushing myself to that point. My back is very tight from yesterday's heavy DL/PP workout, but I plan on addressing that with a lot of form work after the holiday. Plenty of stretching and SMR are just what the doctor ordered.[/QUOTE]

Dude-
I was so sore the past 2 days it wasn't even funny. Today, my legs are a littlebit better, but my back and shoulders are still sore from the DL/PP WOD.

Hope you feel better soon!

John McBrien 12-27-2008 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=Sean Dunston;479325]Dude-
I was so sore the past 2 days it wasn't even funny. Today, my legs are a littlebit better, but my back and shoulders are still sore from the DL/PP WOD.

Hope you feel better soon![/QUOTE]

My legs were seriously hating Monday night's workout with all the box jumps and squats. That was a killer. And I'm all recovered. My lower back is still tight, but it's a stiffness/flexibility issue more than anything else. Enjoy your New Year!

John McBrien 12-27-2008 03:37 PM

[B]25 December 2008 - 27 December 2008[/B]
Merry Christmas / Rest Days

After all these days off I'm feeling great and ready to get back to work!

John McBrien 12-30-2008 11:42 AM

[B]28 December 2008[/B]

Blah. Got caught up in family matters and didn't get to work out.

John McBrien 12-30-2008 11:44 AM

[B]29 December 2008[/B]

Today starts the "500 Miles for Hope" fundraiser that a friend and I will be doing. We'll be covering 500 miles over 10 weeks, with each of us running at least 250 miles. With that, I completed the first 5 miles, but my IT band randomly acted up and I had to walk a large portion of it :ranting2:. I'm glad that I'll be attending the CF Run/Endurance Cert so I can get my running form taken care of. Hopefully then no more injury.

John McBrien 01-04-2009 07:01 PM

[B]30-31 December 2008[/B]

To be on the safe side, I kept up with the fundraiser training by biking 5 miles both days.

John McBrien 01-04-2009 07:01 PM

[B]1-2 January 2009[/B]

Happy New Year!

On the road both days, Rest Days.

John McBrien 01-04-2009 07:02 PM

[B]3 January 2009[/B]

Biked 5 miles. ITB felt fine for first time since last Monday. Hopefully there will be no problems. I'll bike again tomorrow and attempt running again on Monday.

John McBrien 01-04-2009 08:25 PM

[B]4 January 2009[/B]

Biked 5 miles

3 rounds of:

25 Squats
25 Pushups
25 Flutter Kicks