CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!! (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=40939)

Brett Dartt 03-28-2009 08:27 AM

Re: No Grains/No Sugars Support Group!!

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;553126]

My trifecta for good mental/physical self includes good, healthy eating choices. I can't be 100% awesome me if I don't remember that.[/QUOTE]
i really like this. i must try to remember as well

Michael Ricketts 03-28-2009 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=Amber Mathwig;553126]Hey everybody! A public thanks to Michael for sending me a very good blog to read yesterday, if he doesn't post it, I certainly will in my blog later on today :p

I'm back, one day at a time this time. I'm off to the gym in a few minutes, then clean eating for the rest of the day. I stashed all the evil GSC in a drawer last night so they can no longer taunt me from across the room in all their colorful, deceptive glory-ness.

My trifecta for good mental/physical self includes good, healthy eating choices. I can't be 100% awesome me if I don't remember that.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help. As soon as I find the link again I will post it up in here. I wanna give credit since I didn't write it.

Barry Harsa 03-29-2009 12:29 AM

After basically being stuck between 215 and 220 I decided to go the non grain route. Well, I have been without grains for eight days now and if I wasn't in a country that could care less about health it might be easier!

Oh well. 20 more days to go!

I decided to post on here because now I will feel obligated not to cheat, of course that doesn't mean I won't. :yikes:

Marianne Urbanski 03-29-2009 11:50 AM

well... I was away in Dallas this weekend and I just found it so difficult to eat well. I was at a conference and the meeting was long 7AM-12 midnight with only an hour for lunch and dinner) and there was NO good food anywhere.. I ended up getting WAY too hungry and eating whatever they had because time was limited. (1/2 bagel for breakfast and believe it or not.. pizza for lunch and then when dinner came.. I had no willpower and said "the heck with it" and ate the cheesecake in front of me!).. :ranting2: I can't believe that I didn't even have any time to workout! I think that was the first time since I started my workout log in Jan that I didn't workout for this many days! SIGH... Just got home and I am just way too beat to do much today.. back on track tomorrow!! ... All in all it was a GREAT meeting and totally worth it!! (cold in Dallas though!)..

Amber Mathwig 03-29-2009 03:54 PM

Saturday went good, Sunday not so much. Going to shoot for a two-fer now, Monday/Tuesday - NG/NS. :kicking0:

:welcome: Barry!

Barry Harsa 03-30-2009 01:02 AM

Thanks Amber. :) 9 Days down!

It might just be me, but ever since I cut out grains I cannot get enough red meat. Seriously, everday I am craving steak, hamburger whatever as long as its red meat...I want to eat it.

Please tell me I'm not crazy or maybe I am, but not completely crazy! Sort of just half crazy.

Amber Mathwig 03-30-2009 01:30 AM

Barry - you're not crazy. I had beef jerky permanently attached to my hand the first week or so, as well as a new found love of the cheap little Milanesa steaks at Whole Foods.

Alright, here goes....day 1 of the 2-fer. :D

Michael Ricketts 03-30-2009 05:21 PM

I missed breakfast this morning due to unforeseen circumstances. I dropped by the base shoppette to pick something up. I grabbed some mixed nuts, Jerky (sugar-free of course) and a bottle of water. When I set it up on the counter to pay, an overweight Chief walked by and sarcastically commented; "Breakfast of champions eh?" then walked off chuckling.

:censored:

Anyway...

After a bout with some sort of stomach bug this weekend I am proud to say two days NS/NG. (Of course I was unable to eat on Sunday so that helped a lot!)

Lauren Hall 03-30-2009 05:49 PM

I've been doing ok, though I need to increase the veggie intake. I bought some prepackaged cleaned and cut stir fry veggies in hopes that that will take all the effort out of it.

Last night was my one big slip up: went to an Ethiopian restaurant. It's hard to avoid grains when the silverware is actually bread. Yikes. So, let's just say I ate the crap out of those carbs, which is probably why my WO felt great today. Sigh.

Ok, back to good eating tomorrow.

Amber Mathwig 03-31-2009 12:47 AM

Michael - glad you are feeling better! Do not forget GO #12, the chief is always correct :D

Lauren - Hi!

Day 1 of the two-fer went well, now let's see how day two pans out.