CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   N.O. Explode???? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=56454)

Andrew Breyer 03-17-2010 09:48 PM

Re: N.O. Explode????

[quote=Jamie J. Skibicki;754794]Coffee messes me up for training.[/quote]
Why's that? Do you take anything pre-workout?

Matthew Green 03-18-2010 03:19 AM

[QUOTE=James Forshaw;754753]About three years ago, I took a dose of NO explode on the advice of a friend. I found myself with incredible jitters, extreme restlessness and I could feel and practically hear my own heart beating. There's no way I'd ever risk doing a metcon under the influence of that stuff - the possibilities are far too frightening IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I hear there is more to that story Forshaw ;)

Coffee is great before a workout, especially if you're like me and have the world's dullest day job and need that little kick for motivation.

Matth Challoner 03-18-2010 08:20 AM

I ysed to have it in my pre-crossfit days.And i have to say it made me feel like youve had a couple of drinks!

Jamie J. Skibicki 03-18-2010 08:43 AM

I don't do well at physical endeavors will chemically stimulated. I get much to cerebral. Typically some fruit, maybe a glass of milk and I read msingh posts over at Rip's place. Then I get angry. You would actually like me angry.

Christie Warner 03-18-2010 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=Jamie J. Skibicki;755217]I don't do well at physical endeavors will chemically stimulated. I get much to cerebral. Typically some fruit, maybe a glass of milk and I read msingh posts over at Rip's place. Then I get angry. You would actually like me angry.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

YES...anger is a great exercise stimulator. If I'm ****ed off, give me a barbell and some music and I'm good to go.

Jamie J. Skibicki 03-18-2010 09:59 AM

Read some of Msinghs posts before you lift next time.

I prefer it quiet when I lift. Or mellow music. Mad world is good.

Christie Warner 03-18-2010 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=Jamie J. Skibicki;755274]Read some of Msinghs posts before you lift next time.

I prefer it quiet when I lift. Or mellow music. Mad world is good.[/QUOTE]

I'll check that out.

I can't do mellow music, but Mad World is a great song. Sometimes my IPOD transitions to some of my classical symphonic pieces and I'm right in the middle of some fast movement...that just ****es me off even more. Or when my IPOD dies altogether. PoS it is.:ranting2:

Jamie J. Skibicki 03-18-2010 10:18 AM

I like it being just me and the bar, no distractions. It can't run from me, but I can't run either. Just me, the bar and gravity. Only one of us can win.

John Jaeckel 03-18-2010 10:19 AM

Coffee (or an espresso), empty stomach but not starving. That works best for me.

I agree that stimulants have at least a placebo/motivational effect. And coffee is safe (not to mention a potent anti-oxidant).

Beyond that, most supplements can not equal the hormonal power of a properly nourished and trained human body, IMO.

Matthew Laderoute 03-19-2010 06:46 PM

N.O. for a reason, don't take it. It's not the best for you in the long run.

All you need is food, fish oil, and a good multi-vit.