CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Anthony Mattox 07-01-2010 06:39 PM

Re: Nik

Awesome time on that Nik. You're the man. I'm about 1 week away from this workout and not looking forward to it. That's a lot of sets. Cardio must be very good, not to mention endurance.

Matthew Green 07-02-2010 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;805084]Ten rounds for time of:
10 Pull-ups
10 Dips
10 Sit-ups
10 Squats

C2B pullups
ring dips
abmatt situps anchored
time 14:06 (whats that Ernie?)

It took 26 setps to get from pullup bar to ringd to situps and squat stationg to pullup bar.

Dips broken after round 3 oh they were broken, but managed to keep to a 3 breath at most break, some 2 breaths.

Pullups, situps squats unbroken

Then 5,3,1 Push press
115x5
135x3
165x2[/QUOTE]

Awesome work on the 10 rounds Nik :highfive: you machine you!

I see you have gone with the 5-3-1 program? I need to get me that book.

Scott Jenkins 07-02-2010 02:10 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;805164]Yea, even a blind pig can find an acorn every now and then. But I'm happy to at least give you guys a challenge some times.[/QUOTE]

Loving the quote Nik. My version of that quote is: 'Even a dogs arrs gets some sun', not aiming that at you, just a saying I use sometimes.

Nik Nichols 07-02-2010 06:12 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Green;805333]Awesome work on the 10 rounds Nik :highfive: you machine you!

I see you have gone with the 5-3-1 program? I need to get me that book.[/QUOTE]
Yea, I need some strenth work for sure. I'm really lacking there. Like Scott though I can't walk away from the mainpage. It is a good program. I will just change from the mainpage when it doesn't fit me.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;805351]Loving the quote Nik. My version of that quote is: 'Even a dogs arrs gets some sun', not aiming that at you, just a saying I use sometimes.[/QUOTE]

HAHA good quote, I was rubbing it in Ernies face yesterday for fun and got a little embarrased from the praise, I'm good now and then but I have so far to go I don't like building myself up to much, I like keeping myself humble and driving forward.

The moment I think I'm good I'm finished.

My hands are sore today, that and shoulders are sore too. Good session. I hope to get through the weekend ok. I'm off the next cycle so Martin gose to the workout. And it is the holiday so getting to the shop might be a trick. I just hope I get the time to do it, I'll be cranky if I miss a workout I hope that will give me the drive to get up here. Cathy knows as well I get cranky for missing so I hope she helps me work it out if there is running.

Scott Jenkins 07-02-2010 06:41 AM

Yeah the praise can make you blush sometimes , even through a computer screen. My regional competition was enough to keep me humble. I expect some heavy nasty workouts this weekend to coincide with your July 4th celebrations.

Nik Nichols 07-02-2010 06:55 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;805408]Yeah the praise can make you blush sometimes , even through a computer screen. My regional competition was enough to keep me humble. I expect some heavy nasty workouts this weekend to coincide with your July 4th celebrations.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same about the weekend.

am warm up

arthritus sucks

30 reps
ghd's
back ext 40 lbs
FS's bar only.

Really thease am warm ups are for my arthritus. I always get up sore and this and alot of water makes it feel better.

Nik Nichols 07-02-2010 08:30 AM

[QUOTE=Anthony Mattox;805270]Awesome time on that Nik. You're the man. I'm about 1 week away from this workout and not looking forward to it. That's a lot of sets. Cardio must be very good, not to mention endurance.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I miss your post. I don't know, there is something about cindyish workouts. I can usually do pretty good at them. As dumb as it sounds just try to keep going.

Nik Nichols 07-02-2010 08:31 AM

10:00

Rolling and rolling.
Rolled lower to traps on back, back of bothe shoulders
Started the fronts of my shoulders and hit some sore spots, I'll be hitting them at lunch real good.

Nik Nichols 07-02-2010 11:12 AM

lunch

26min of rolling on base ball. I wanted to go 30, but that is all I could stand. I covered everywhere. Shoulders sore, by's sore, quars real sore, every where else ok.

30 reps LYTP
ham and gluts lower back streching.

Oh, rope climb 1 assent.

Nik Nichols 07-02-2010 06:33 PM

Ok so I need some advice,

Tomorrow's workout calls for 2 50lbs DB's I only have 40lbs, so I can go with those or weight up a bar.

I see tomorrow as being a speed workout, but 40lbs is a little light. But with a barbell it changes the dynamic of the workout with less midline stabilization.