CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 03-13-2009 06:38 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Elizabeth Terris;539989]Glad you are feeling better! [COLOR="Red"]Amazing 26 recuperating rounder.[/COLOR] I've got some kind of hebejeebe sinus/lung thingy that's dragging me down.[/QUOTE]

Yea, me too again, my 14yo son has an ear infection, 2yo and wife chest cold, i have a sore throat and sinus now, everyone is sick and we are all on anticiotics, so hope we all kick it at the same time. I feel ok today, I'm glad it is a lift no a metcon.

Scott is this a max,or just a ''SS'' kind of workout where you pick a challenging weight and go with it?

Richard Macaulay 03-13-2009 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;540160]Yea, me too again, my 14yo son has an ear infection, 2yo and wife chest cold, i have a sore throat and sinus now, everyone is sick and we are all on anticiotics, so hope we all kick it at the same time. I feel ok today, I'm glad it is a lift no a metcon.

Scott is this a max,or just a ''SS'' kind of workout where you pick a challenging weight and go with it?[/QUOTE]

Id say you dont know wen itl next come up, so id ramp up so your last set is your heaviest, really test yourself.

If your not feeling up to it, pick a fairly heavy weight thatl test you, and knowck it out for all sets.

Ricky

Nik Nichols 03-13-2009 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;540169]Id say you dont know wen itl next come up, so id ramp up so your last set is your heaviest, really test yourself.

If your not feeling up to it, pick a fairly heavy weight thatl test you, and knowck it out for all sets.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was kind of thinking the same thing, I feel up to it, I just didn't want a big metcon.

Scott Jenkins 03-13-2009 07:12 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;540172]Yea, I was kind of thinking the same thing, I feel up to it, I just didn't want a big metcon.[/QUOTE]

No its not metcon at all Nik, just choose a weight you can definately get 3 reps at then push the weight up and see how much you can do for your 3RM.

Nik Nichols 03-13-2009 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;540194]No its not metcon at all Nik, just choose a weight you can definately get 3 reps at then push the weight up and see how much you can do for your 3RM.[/QUOTE]

Souns good, we will see how it goes!!

Nik Nichols 03-13-2009 08:15 AM

Oh yea, 3sets 10 dead hand pullups and ring dips

tried to do some muscle up work, but I am getting a pain in my right shoulder joint so I couldn't.

Nik Nichols 03-13-2009 10:45 AM

Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

warm up GHD situps
40lbs backext,
2x10 dead hang pullups inverted grip.

1. 175lbs

2. 195lbs

3. 215lbs

4. 240lbs

5. 265lbs

I didn't have any fire in me toda,I'm happy with my lift, but I know I can be more fired up then I was. With trying to get sick and stress i wasn't focused. I caught myself just leaning on the bar staring off thinking, I don't even know how long. But if this isn't a PB it is 5 or 10 lbs off.
100lbs over BW is ok for today.

I was going to do more squat cleans, I wanted to do somthing explosive. I got 10 reps at 85lbs and got dizzy.

Scott Jenkins 03-13-2009 11:17 AM

Nice work Nik, my current PR is 264lb so your now ahead of me on the 3RM, I will try and change that in the morning. You sure your eating enough Nik, dizziness can come when your not getting enough food.

Nick Harris 03-13-2009 11:30 AM

Great workout Nik! Very strong on the back squats!

Elizabeth Terris 03-13-2009 11:43 AM

Nice work despite the upper respiratory infection! Hope you feel better tomorrow!