CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Exercises (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any one here use sand bags? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37790)

Michael Stehle 10-04-2008 09:31 AM

Any one here use sand bags?

I put together a short video of a few sandbag complexes we use for ourselves and our groups at CrossFit Jersey Shore.

Peace,

WFS link: www.jerseykettlebell.com

Tim Luby 10-06-2008 10:03 AM

Re: Any one here use sand bags?

That's great stuff--thank you! I'm diggin' your logo, too. Do you have any examples of "scores" on the complex? Just curious about the pace I should go at. I gather it's not quite a tabata (all-out) pace, but pretty close. Oh, and how heavy do you go?

Gavin Steel 10-06-2008 10:31 AM

My sandbag is probably my most used piece of equipment just now as the office I'm temporarily working in has a really poorly equipped gym. absolutely nothing C/F friendly, other than a C2.

So far been mainly doing sandbag "grace" and the stairs of hercules - basically 40kg bag on my shoulders and do minimum 10 flights of stairs (3 story office)....I tend to get looked at as though Ive got 3 heads :D

Think I'll give your complex a go...dont know how easy it'll be though as my sandbag is a home made one...military style duffel/kit bag with individually wrapped bags of sand in 5kg increments...can go from 5 to 60kgs at the moment.

I now know what workout I'm doing tomorrow lunchtime :)

Tim Luby 10-06-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavin Steel (Post 417269)
dont know how easy it'll be though as my sandbag is a home made one...military style duffel/kit bag with individually wrapped bags of sand in 5kg increments...can go from 5 to 60kgs at the moment.

I'm with ya there. In my experience, cleans are pretty tough with a duffel bag type of sandbag. I often end up doing full cleans because it's tough to get the elbows around in time. Dipping into the squat gives me that extra second I need.

Rob Delaune 10-06-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Luby (Post 417236)
That's great stuff--thank you! I'm diggin' your logo, too. Do you have any examples of "scores" on the complex? Just curious about the pace I should go at. I gather it's not quite a tabata (all-out) pace, but pretty close. Oh, and how heavy do you go?

I can tell you this about Crossfit Jersey Shore, the pace is go all out 100%. Mike and company run a great program. They set up the equipment for the intervals, get the timer set to go, and when they say "Go" they really push every member in a positive way to ensure everyone is working as hard as they can. One of the best experiences for training.