CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Running a CrossFit Facility (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   getting your affiliates name out (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=67831)

Dan Bosco 06-10-2011 06:06 PM

getting your affiliates name out

hey guys/gals
to those who have an affiliate..just wondering upon your initial opening what was the best way you got the word out?
i definitely have a few ideas already but i was wondering if anything worked particularly well for any of you??

appericate the help!!

your friendly neighbourhood crossfitter,
Dan

Thomas Sayle 06-11-2011 05:14 AM

Re: getting your affiliates name out

Dan,

Couple things we are doing now.

First, we bought a ton of t-shirts and are selling them at cost to get people wearing them. I think we paid $5 per shirt.

Second, we are in every local publication in our town right now advertising.

Last, website is key. 88% of all purchases start with a review on a website. This means that if a potential member is thinking about coming to your box, they are going to look you up on the Internet first. Make sure that site is awesome, it is probably the most important marketing piece that you have.

Dan Bosco 06-13-2011 04:16 PM

thanks thomas!
great help!
ill keep you posted as events unfold!

Dan

Kris Murphy 06-15-2011 09:05 PM

Speaking of websites, my single most important piece of learning I can lend in that area is DO NOT PUT YOUR WODs ON THE FRONT PAGE!! The website is a tool to get NEW people into your gym...if they click on your domain and see a workout that looks impossible they will leave and never come back. Think about this when you build your site...make it "non-CrossFitter friendly", focus on what you can provide normal, scared people to help them reach their goals. And, when you have them, make member testimonials the anchor for your website. People love to see normal people getting great results...so put them front and center.

Other than that, provide a GREAT product (service), get great results for people, and let them spread the word about you. And hopefully you've planned for the basic rule of starting a new business, which is enough capital to to pay your bills for several months (a year would be better) without income. If not, you might be in for a rude awakening unless you're starting with an existing member base from a "garage gym" type scenario.

Chris Cooper 06-16-2011 06:20 AM

Great post, Kris. I was guilty of the main-page WOD until Gilson corrected me in his video series at [url]www.againfaster.com[/url] .

Benjamin Eseroma 06-19-2011 12:11 AM

Good notes here. I am still in the affiliation process. I just need my certificate from insurance to get linked to main site and we will be done. I am in Fort Hood area. I went to one of the affiliates and spoke to the box owner and he put it on his blog. I spoke to one of his fire breathers and in one day I had an open gym WOD and 25 people showed up! It was crazy but fun. Everyone left the box and my fb page blew up. My websites was getting crazy hits. From experience I would hit up other affiliates and everything else on the message board. Good luck!