CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Exercises (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   "HOPE" Wod (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=75948)

Aaron Korth 06-09-2012 07:41 PM

"HOPE" Wod

So I know ALOT of people did HOPE this weekend... Just wondering what people scored and what they felt was the hardest part for them??

My goal was 150 but I finished with 143. By far the Thrusters were brutal for me!!! C2B pull ups are not quite in my fortay yet, so I did normal ones.. Everything else was RX..

Paul Victor French 06-09-2012 08:13 PM

Re: "HOPE" Wod

I will hopefully soon, but so far have not done the workout before. A client of mine this morning did, he's 47 and got 144. The snatches and thrusters were the 2 lowest for him, then pullups, then box jumps and finally burpees were the highest (first exercise).

It looked painful, so that for some weird reason makes me want to do it too. For reference sake, his regular fight gone bad score is 208.

Glenn Plomchok 06-11-2012 12:00 PM

Not yet...looking to do it Thursday. Looking forward to it...

Jeffrey Crawford 06-12-2012 09:29 AM

221-

Thought the transitions were rough..lots of leg and big movements that jack the heart rate up.

You go from burpees to p.snatch to box jumps to thrusters. That is a rough grouping and you know it when c2b are the easiest part of a workout.

Lots of fun though.

Matt Cagnetta 06-13-2012 08:27 AM

We ended up doing HOPE at our box on Monday.

I took a chance at Rx'ing it as I'm still recovering from a sprained shoulder (MTB crash), but finished out at 250 reps. Definitely made my money on the box jumps (35, 35, 30) and the thrusters were the toughest part of this WOD for me. Overall I was happy considering that going in I was anticipating having to ditch to not mess up the shoulder further.

Looking forward to doing this one again some time!

Glenn Plomchok 06-14-2012 06:51 AM

Today...5pm.

Not sure what to expect...will give it my all and report back

Matthew W Thomas 06-14-2012 10:37 AM

I managed 186 but no repped about 15(ish) C2B pullups. Pullups just aren't my thing.

Adam Shreim 06-14-2012 10:51 AM

I am 100% out of conditioning shape to focus on strength training and I loss count of my reps/rounds (doing it by myself in the garage, its hard to transition and remember everything without a plan). I think I scored no higher than 17 on any exercise from Round 1 through Round 3. I think Round 3 was something like 15 burpees, 9 snatches, 15 box jumps, 9 thrusters and 12 CTB.

Aaron Korth 06-14-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn Plomchok (Post 1069500)
Today...5pm.

Not sure what to expect...will give it my all and report back

Good luck Glen~

Glenn Plomchok 06-15-2012 12:52 PM

Thanks...

175 Rx. Did not get any "no reps" but overall, was a bit disappointed. This one gassed me really quickly (have heard similar stories from others). First round I had good rep counts but I was tiring quickly so rds 2 and 3 were rough.

Anyway, it was a tough WOD. I tried to go out fast and "hang on" so to speak but "holding on" was tough :D