CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Crossfit in Windsor Ontario, Canada? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=46891)

Kristina Gilboe 05-23-2009 04:21 AM

Crossfit in Windsor Ontario, Canada?

I'm looking for other Crossfiters in Windsor, Ontario to train with. Anyone have a box going in the area?

Jason Scheffler 05-23-2009 07:10 AM

Re: Crossfit in Windsor Ontario, Canada?

I can't specifically help you Kristina but have you looked at the affiliate listing for Ontario? [url]http://www.crossfit.com/cf-affiliates/[/url] wf/s

It's been many, many years since I've been in Ontario so I can't remember what's where anymore but one of them may be close enough for you to train at.

Greg Light 05-23-2009 07:24 AM

There are a few affiliates in southeast michigan, but I'm not aware of any in Windsor proper

Jason Ashman 07-11-2009 04:00 PM

No affiliates in Windsor (The closest thing is PUNCH Kettlebell in St. Clair Beach, and that's a HUGE stretch), and the economy down there is currently non-conductive to fitness studios, even one specializing in something as potent and effective as Crossfit. The big boxes are struggling (relatively speaking), and the established ones are simply riding out contracts. The smaller PT studios are squeaking out an existence feeding on the few folks left in the city with good, stable incomes, but its tough.

I grew up there, and still have family and friends in the area. Unemployment estimates are at 20% unofficially, if you count the people who went from making $30/hour in the plants to making minimum wage at Tim Hortons, which- in that situation- might as well be unemployment.

If you and some friends have some extra cash, you'd likely be able to find a warehouse box for next to nothing to play in, if you know where to look). But actually making it work profitably down there is likely impossible right now.

And we're not even talking about getting a small business start-up loan from a bank.

Windsor's an economic wasteland; I don't know any banks giving out cash for businesses down there unless you have a solid entrepreneurial background and the capital or assets for collateral.

Plus, they haven't cut the lawns or picked up the trash in 100+ days. :yikes:

thomas mcleod 08-21-2009 08:47 PM

I'm in Tecumseh and would love to get together with fellow crossfitters.

Noah Martin 08-26-2009 11:10 AM

[QUOTE=thomas mcleod;649454]I'm in Tecumseh and would love to get together with fellow crossfitters.[/QUOTE]

Great times recently at the unofficial CF Windsor/Essex county gym. Have had 4-5 people out for WODS at times.

Thomas, come join us. I'll send you a PM>

Noah

Andy Leroux 10-22-2009 08:28 PM

i,m very interrested in getting together for this are you still getting together?

Ashley L. Hughes 11-19-2010 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Kristina Gilboe;594241]I'm looking for other Crossfiters in Windsor, Ontario to train with. Anyone have a box going in the area?[/QUOTE]

My boyfriend and I have a gym in our garage, you're more than welcome to come over and do a wod!! We have been looking for people in the area to workout with!

Andrew Sadek 11-23-2010 10:25 PM

Hey, me and my friend both go to school in Windsor, Always up for some motivation from other crossfitters in the area

Scott Turner 11-27-2010 03:54 AM

You can always stop by Crossfit Transforamtions in Roseville Michigan. We have two people that come over two or three times a week to WOD.