CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Running a CrossFit Facility (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Naming our affiliate (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=84572)

Heather Imielinski 10-10-2013 06:29 AM

Naming our affiliate

We have submitted 5 names that have been declined, anyone have any idea how they decide what is accepted or not? There are many affiliates out there with similar names, IE: CrossFit Force, CrossFit 1 Force, CrossFit Ocean Beach, CrossFit Ocean Isle Beach. Everything we submitted they say is too close to another name...suggestions?!?!

Eric R Cohen 10-10-2013 06:44 AM

Re: Naming our affiliate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Imielinski (Post 1200415)
We have submitted 5 names that have been declined, anyone have any idea how they decide what is accepted or not? There are many affiliates out there with similar names, IE: CrossFit Force, CrossFit 1 Force, CrossFit Ocean Beach, CrossFit Ocean Isle Beach. Everything we submitted they say is too close to another name...suggestions?!?!

Use the thesaurus. Break out a map. Write down everything and then narrow it to the ones you like and resubmit.
Crossfit 305 seems to be "hogging" two names, that and "little river". Ask HQ if "Crossfit Little River" is actually available...

Tim Alford 10-10-2013 09:18 AM

Grand Strand Crossfit! If you're located on 17, that'd be perfect!

Heather Imielinski 10-10-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Alford (Post 1200496)
Grand Strand Crossfit! If you're located on 17, that'd be perfect!

There already is a CrossFit Grand Strand as well as CrossFit North Myrtle Beach
located in Little River.

Tim Alford 10-10-2013 09:33 AM

That's too bad! Hmm...if you guys are in North Myrtle Beach you could stick with your street name or something? Like Ocean Ave Crossfit or something. I will definitely have to stop in when I go on my annual trip to M.B.!

Heather Imielinski 10-10-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Alford (Post 1200502)
That's too bad! Hmm...if you guys are in North Myrtle Beach you could stick with your street name or something? Like Ocean Ave Crossfit or something. I will definitely have to stop in when I go on my annual trip to M.B.!

We are in Myrtle Beach, in the Grande Dunes Area right off of 17 bypass. Visit anytime!!

Adam Morden 10-10-2013 11:38 AM

I'm guessing CrossFit Grande Dunes is already taken?

Tim Alford 10-10-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Morden (Post 1200553)

+1. That's what I'm talking about! Catchy name (Grande Dunes Crossfit or vice versa) and I've been to Myrtle Beach enough to know exactly where you're located. Good call Adam.

Heather Imielinski 10-10-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Morden (Post 1200553)

Adam they denied Grande Dunes for some reason:smiley_ev

Adam Morden 10-10-2013 11:10 PM

Names are getting so much harder now - I don't envy new affiliates starting out trying to get names they want and can be approved for sure. are there any other major landmarks around you?