CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=20237)

Stephan Marcella 08-24-2007 10:02 AM

Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation Crossfitters

Anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation are interested in training or starting a weekend group?

Randy Gruezo 08-24-2007 10:51 AM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters

Stephan,

I'll be starting group classes soon (first one will be next Saturday 90% sure). I'm located in Miramar exit 7a off of the 75. Let me know if you're interested.

Randy Gruezo,
Crossfit South Florida
[url]www.crossfitsouthflorida.com[/url]

Stephan Marcella 08-26-2007 09:24 AM

Thanks Randy. I am really looking for someone that may want to start an affiliate in Ft. Lauderdale. Although, I will be in touch for your group.

Thanks again,

Stephan

Gerard Hildebrandt 08-29-2007 04:30 PM

Hey Stephan,

I live in Pompano Beach, which is near Ft. Lauderdale. And I work in Sunrise/Sawgrass. Which is also close. What exactly are you looking for?

Travis Loest 10-16-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantation Crossfitters

Getting back into Crossfit, would be interested and getting together for a weekend workout. I'm in Coral Springs. Sample & 441. Let me know what's up.

Stephan Marcella 10-19-2007 12:51 PM

Hi Travis....I am taking two friends from an ex-employeer through "Cindy" tomorrow at Heritage Park in Plantation if you care to join us. Other than that, I train at Gold's in Sunrise without too many problems. Do you have a place in mind?

Steve

Jesse Deforrest 10-19-2007 03:28 PM

I am in Miami, but moving to Ft. Laud. I'd love to meet up.

I train at Golds here, so I could probably swing some visits to the Sunrise Location.

Stephan Marcella 10-19-2007 04:39 PM

It would be great to someone to train with! When will you be moving to Miami?

Jesse Deforrest 10-19-2007 05:56 PM

Already here. Forgot to update my location.

Travis Loest 10-19-2007 06:13 PM

I'd love to but I have to work, sunday I've got to make a run down to homestead and then I don't have a day off until the second weekend in november. I've been trying to do workouts in a little place set up by a powerlifter but it's more of a personal training center. I've got a membership to 24hr too, and can get away with workouts in there sometimes. I've yet to try moving some of the weights around in the 24hr.

Jesse Deforrest 10-19-2007 06:29 PM

I was less then pleased with the 24hr in coconut grove.

Do they all use those octagon plates?

Monique T. Ames 10-20-2007 05:41 AM

Hey Stephan,
Shoot me an email if still interested in a mini-seminar.
Sounds like things are going well for you.

Travis Loest 10-20-2007 06:57 PM

the one in coral springs / margate does, they look at me funny when I start dead lifting heavy too.

Stephan Marcella 10-21-2007 07:55 PM

Travis....Let me know when you may be available. My schedule should be pretty flexible for the next few weeks.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-09-2007 09:22 AM

Boca Raton CF noob willing to join in when convenient.

Travis Loest 11-14-2007 06:55 PM

Anyone up for something on Sunday? I've got some bars, weights, bumpers, squat stands, rings(with no place to put them) a box, and some parallettes, and I can grab one of my kettlebells from my gym(they're mine i just keep them there). We can do something at my apt complex. Or meet up, but with a meet up I need help moving the gear, I don't have a car just a bike.

Stephan Marcella 11-14-2007 07:37 PM

Hey Travis - I may be available on Sunday. I am going to try and go to Sonz in Jupiter on Saturday to train if you are interested. I also mentioned it to Jesse.

Jesse Deforrest 11-14-2007 07:56 PM

Hey guys,

Jupiter is too far for me, but I like the Sunday idea in Coral Springs.

Travis Loest 11-14-2007 08:09 PM

I've got some maintenance issues with my bike that preclude me going very far. It's my only transportation so I use it, but trying to keep it local and sparingly if possible untill I can afford to get it fixed. There is a tennis court in my apt complex that I'm fairly certain we can bogart, if we're there at the right time, or we can just use part of the parking lot that there's almost never any cars in. If someone's got a truck/van/roomy vehicle there are numerous parks we can go to as well. We also don't need to use all the equipment. I just have it available. I'm thinking we do a grinder. 3-5 exercises for 3, 5, or 7 rounds. Depending on if any and/or how many people show up we'll figure out how to rotate, exercise, spot/score/keep time

Jesse Deforrest 11-14-2007 08:54 PM

And just that quickly I have to withdraw.

I was reminded that I already have plans on Sunday. I might be able to do it Saturday, or if not I would love to do it next weekend, and if we get a good group going maybe we can make it a weekly thing.

I have a hatch back that can fit bars, and I know I can fit plates in the back seat. Me and Steve both have rings.

Travis Loest 11-15-2007 05:19 AM

Anyone.....Anyone.....Bueller......Bueller....... plans for next weekend?

Stephan Marcella 11-16-2007 04:01 PM

I should be in town next weekend. I usually train with 2 friends over the weekend at Gold's in Sunrise, but I will see if they want to train somewhere else. I'll let you know.............

Jesse Deforrest 11-16-2007 06:45 PM

Count me in for next weekend as well.

Frank DiMeo 11-17-2007 11:59 AM

Hi Steve--
Let me know how you're progressing on getting a CF affiliate going.
Glad you could make our last couple of seminars.
How is Sarah's Oly. lifting coming along?

Travis Loest 11-17-2007 02:57 PM

so we are looking at a total of 3 so far, me, Steven, and Jesse. anyone else in southern Florida want to play? Is next Sunday good for everyone? I've got a 4 day weekend so I'm pretty flexible. Turkey day will be up in WPB with some extended family but other than that I should be open. We'll get the workout scraped together by Tuesday of next week. Any inputs on ideas are great, I'm thinking 3-5 exercises for 5 or 7 rounds. I'll bump this every day till the day before "Game Day".

Jesse Deforrest 11-19-2007 11:27 AM

Do you have rope for rope climbs? I've never attempted it before, so I would love to if we have a rope.

Travis Loest 11-19-2007 06:59 PM

I think I may have something, It's not 15 ft, and I'm not sure how I'll attach it if I do but let me check. I braided some 3/4 in rope into a square rope it's pretty stretchy but it may work, just have to check to see if I've got it.

Just checked, I don't have the rope I braided. I've just got some nylon/cotton 3/4in rope. not really good for anything.

Travis Loest 11-19-2007 07:09 PM

here's the idea so far

5 rounds for time

rings(dips, pull-ups, or body row)

kettlebell (1pd: swing, snatch or C&J)

bar(with or without weight) any idea's for exercise?

sprint(200-400ish meter?)

box(24ish-in) #'s ?

need to figure out reps for each, and input?

we can make the box shorter by putting it next to a curb that'll cut off about 6 in.
anyone have a pick-up or SUV?

Travis Loest 11-21-2007 05:02 PM

we still on for Sunday? I can get a truck from work if I need it so that's not an issue now, there are a couple parks in my area that would be good.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-22-2007 10:34 PM

Hey guys count me in if you've got room.. I am pretty new to crossfit and will probably take the low score, but would be glad to attend. Can make anytime sunday after 11, and most of the day sat.. and most of tomorrow [fri]. Will try to convince my wife to come, too. Springs is a bit of a drive, but not that bad.. will be driving from boca if anyone else needs a ride.

Have rings and jumprope.. could possibly grab something else from gym if needed. :shrug:

Travis Loest 11-23-2007 04:39 AM

Anyone have a problem with a lunch time workout of 1:00 PM?

Jeremy Rodgers 11-23-2007 10:51 AM

can we go to big bear brewing afterwards? :highfive: or would anyone be interested in eating aterwards?

Travis Loest 11-23-2007 12:40 PM

I don't mind getting something to eat but I wouldn't feed a dog in big bear brewing.

Travis Loest 11-23-2007 07:54 PM

Here's the workout:

5 rounds for time

ring-dip x10
box jump x20
pull-up x10
kb swing 1pd x20
thruster 95# x10

1300 (aka 1 PM) we'll meet at my place and carpool/convoy to the park, there are two parks one is closer but would nix the pull-ups, the other is only a little farther away. If you are interested in showing up for it, send me a Private Message by 9 AM on Sunday, so I can send you my address & phone #. Don't worry it's pretty easy to get to. I'm just off 441 & Sample.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-24-2007 12:35 AM

I guess you dont want to go to la bamba to eat afterwards, either? :)

I think I will die w/ 95# thrusters... may be ok(ish) on everything else [maybe some trouble on the swings.... and pullups and dips.. haha]. Maybe you can teach me how to finally get my kip on.

Do you have another barbell or anyway i can scale the thrusters? Let me know if you need me to bring anything.. I can probably bring

barbell if needed
set of rings
buddy lee jumprope if anyone wants to check it out
dig cam for recording video and a tripod
anything else needed.. what's our expected turnout? I can try and bring a friend or my wife but not sure if either would be up for it.

good job putting this together!

Travis Loest 11-24-2007 05:37 AM

I've got two barbells, we can scale the thrusters with less weight/just the bar if you need it. Crossfit is about scalability, we can make this work for you.
bring your rings and jump rope, camera too, are you any good with editing? I've got a camera but haven't sat down with it to figure out how to use it yet. Never been to La Bamba, I'm willing to try. My wife and I had really crappy service with horrible food at ridiculous prices at Big Bear, so I swore I'd never go back.

Travis Loest 11-24-2007 01:59 PM

Stephen, Jesse, are you guys still interested? Looking at a meet'n'greet at my place around 1230-ish, load up and head to the park by 1-1:15-ish.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-24-2007 08:54 PM

Come on you guys don't punk out :run:

I am not great with editing, never really done any of it.. just us emy digitial camera to take movies sometimes.. usually of volleyball or snowboarding.

Game on!

Jesse Deforrest 11-25-2007 07:39 AM

Hey,

I am still coming. I pm'd you Travis so get back to me soon with an address or directions.

I've had pretty bad knee issues, so I am a scratch from the thrusters round. I will have to come up with something else as a sub for it.

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 08:23 AM

Sent a pm. We'll work something out with the thrusters.