CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=20237)

Jesse Deforrest 11-25-2007 08:27 AM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters

KB swings might be iffy too, but I am willing to give them a go.

Want me to bring my rings?

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 08:36 AM

sure, bring them. we can always change the workout. Three sets of rings would let us do a ring-centric workout. We can figure it out when you and Jeremy get here.

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 02:23 PM

note, the first:

ring push ups right after ring dips may not be the greatest idea. :wallbash:

note, the second:

having someone to be accountable to makes the workout harder. :horse:

note, the third:

CrossFit people will drive an hour for a 20 min workout. :pepper:

Today's workout went fairly well.

5 rounds for time:
10 ring dips
10 ring push-ups
10 kb swings (double hand, 1 pood)
10 body rows
10 thrusters 45#

Jesse: 14:55
Travis: 25:20
Jeremy: 29:50

Great workout, good peoples.

We got some, and we're going again, next weekend.

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 03:14 PM

note, the fourth:

I can't count for a hill of beans!:shrug:

Jesse Deforrest 11-25-2007 04:32 PM

Great meeting you both.

Hopefully we can do this regularly. A more central location would be nice for me, but the drive was just bareable. I know of a few good parks in Ft. Lauderdale by Commercial Blvd.

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 05:52 PM

I'll try and scout out a few of the parks that are a little more south of me. We'll see how that works out if everyone is agreeable.

Jesse Deforrest 11-25-2007 06:04 PM

If we find a park with a grill, we could do a little barbeque after the workout.

Thats much more agreeable with me then pizza, or basically any restaurant food.

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 06:18 PM

sounds like a plan, I'll keep that in mind as I scout around this week. I've got a fairly detailed map at the office that I can start with, as well as using google or mapquest. We'll have to see if Jeremy is willing to go a little further south(after picking me and my gear up). We may be able to get Stephan in on it as well. Maybe a sprint, high rep combo for next week.

Stephan Marcella 11-25-2007 06:55 PM

How did it go today?

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 07:00 PM

Stephen,
It went fairly well. I think we took a little more time talking and getting to know each other than we thought we would, but it was an enjoyable experience for me. I can't speak for everyone but I am looking forward doing it again next weekend, possibly on Saturday, depending on mine and everyone schedule. If I've got to work on Sat, we'll set something up for Sunday, a slightly later time on Saturday wouldn't bother me, but I'm not the one that has to drive too far. The big difference is when I CrossFit by myself I don't push myself as hard. That was painfully obvious today. I don't think I need to work out with a partner everyday; but knowing I'm going to be working out with other CrossFitters will make me push myself harder so I don't mess up the rotation or look like a slouch. Do you think you'll be able to make it out this upcoming weekend?

Edit: I will check this at least once a day during the week and I will respond to any questions, if there's nothing, I'll post something to keep this near the top of the pile.