CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=20237)

Travis Loest 11-23-2007 04:39 AM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters

Anyone have a problem with a lunch time workout of 1:00 PM?

Jeremy Rodgers 11-23-2007 10:51 AM

can we go to big bear brewing afterwards? :highfive: or would anyone be interested in eating aterwards?

Travis Loest 11-23-2007 12:40 PM

I don't mind getting something to eat but I wouldn't feed a dog in big bear brewing.

Travis Loest 11-23-2007 07:54 PM

Here's the workout:

5 rounds for time

ring-dip x10
box jump x20
pull-up x10
kb swing 1pd x20
thruster 95# x10

1300 (aka 1 PM) we'll meet at my place and carpool/convoy to the park, there are two parks one is closer but would nix the pull-ups, the other is only a little farther away. If you are interested in showing up for it, send me a Private Message by 9 AM on Sunday, so I can send you my address & phone #. Don't worry it's pretty easy to get to. I'm just off 441 & Sample.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-24-2007 12:35 AM

I guess you dont want to go to la bamba to eat afterwards, either? :)

I think I will die w/ 95# thrusters... may be ok(ish) on everything else [maybe some trouble on the swings.... and pullups and dips.. haha]. Maybe you can teach me how to finally get my kip on.

Do you have another barbell or anyway i can scale the thrusters? Let me know if you need me to bring anything.. I can probably bring

barbell if needed
set of rings
buddy lee jumprope if anyone wants to check it out
dig cam for recording video and a tripod
anything else needed.. what's our expected turnout? I can try and bring a friend or my wife but not sure if either would be up for it.

good job putting this together!

Travis Loest 11-24-2007 05:37 AM

I've got two barbells, we can scale the thrusters with less weight/just the bar if you need it. Crossfit is about scalability, we can make this work for you.
bring your rings and jump rope, camera too, are you any good with editing? I've got a camera but haven't sat down with it to figure out how to use it yet. Never been to La Bamba, I'm willing to try. My wife and I had really crappy service with horrible food at ridiculous prices at Big Bear, so I swore I'd never go back.

Travis Loest 11-24-2007 01:59 PM

Stephen, Jesse, are you guys still interested? Looking at a meet'n'greet at my place around 1230-ish, load up and head to the park by 1-1:15-ish.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-24-2007 08:54 PM

Come on you guys don't punk out :run:

I am not great with editing, never really done any of it.. just us emy digitial camera to take movies sometimes.. usually of volleyball or snowboarding.

Game on!

Jesse Deforrest 11-25-2007 07:39 AM

Hey,

I am still coming. I pm'd you Travis so get back to me soon with an address or directions.

I've had pretty bad knee issues, so I am a scratch from the thrusters round. I will have to come up with something else as a sub for it.

Travis Loest 11-25-2007 08:23 AM

Sent a pm. We'll work something out with the thrusters.