CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=20237)

Travis Loest 11-15-2007 05:19 AM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters

Anyone.....Anyone.....Bueller......Bueller....... plans for next weekend?

Stephan Marcella 11-16-2007 04:01 PM

I should be in town next weekend. I usually train with 2 friends over the weekend at Gold's in Sunrise, but I will see if they want to train somewhere else. I'll let you know.............

Jesse Deforrest 11-16-2007 06:45 PM

Count me in for next weekend as well.

Frank DiMeo 11-17-2007 11:59 AM

Hi Steve--
Let me know how you're progressing on getting a CF affiliate going.
Glad you could make our last couple of seminars.
How is Sarah's Oly. lifting coming along?

Travis Loest 11-17-2007 02:57 PM

so we are looking at a total of 3 so far, me, Steven, and Jesse. anyone else in southern Florida want to play? Is next Sunday good for everyone? I've got a 4 day weekend so I'm pretty flexible. Turkey day will be up in WPB with some extended family but other than that I should be open. We'll get the workout scraped together by Tuesday of next week. Any inputs on ideas are great, I'm thinking 3-5 exercises for 5 or 7 rounds. I'll bump this every day till the day before "Game Day".

Jesse Deforrest 11-19-2007 11:27 AM

Do you have rope for rope climbs? I've never attempted it before, so I would love to if we have a rope.

Travis Loest 11-19-2007 06:59 PM

I think I may have something, It's not 15 ft, and I'm not sure how I'll attach it if I do but let me check. I braided some 3/4 in rope into a square rope it's pretty stretchy but it may work, just have to check to see if I've got it.

Just checked, I don't have the rope I braided. I've just got some nylon/cotton 3/4in rope. not really good for anything.

Travis Loest 11-19-2007 07:09 PM

here's the idea so far

5 rounds for time

rings(dips, pull-ups, or body row)

kettlebell (1pd: swing, snatch or C&J)

bar(with or without weight) any idea's for exercise?

sprint(200-400ish meter?)

box(24ish-in) #'s ?

need to figure out reps for each, and input?

we can make the box shorter by putting it next to a curb that'll cut off about 6 in.
anyone have a pick-up or SUV?

Travis Loest 11-21-2007 05:02 PM

we still on for Sunday? I can get a truck from work if I need it so that's not an issue now, there are a couple parks in my area that would be good.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-22-2007 10:34 PM

Hey guys count me in if you've got room.. I am pretty new to crossfit and will probably take the low score, but would be glad to attend. Can make anytime sunday after 11, and most of the day sat.. and most of tomorrow [fri]. Will try to convince my wife to come, too. Springs is a bit of a drive, but not that bad.. will be driving from boca if anyone else needs a ride.

Have rings and jumprope.. could possibly grab something else from gym if needed. :shrug: