CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   In Search of CrossFitters (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=20237)

Jesse Deforrest 10-19-2007 06:29 PM

Re: Ft. Lauderdale/Plantion Crossfitters

I was less then pleased with the 24hr in coconut grove.

Do they all use those octagon plates?

Monique T. Ames 10-20-2007 05:41 AM

Hey Stephan,
Shoot me an email if still interested in a mini-seminar.
Sounds like things are going well for you.

Travis Loest 10-20-2007 06:57 PM

the one in coral springs / margate does, they look at me funny when I start dead lifting heavy too.

Stephan Marcella 10-21-2007 07:55 PM

Travis....Let me know when you may be available. My schedule should be pretty flexible for the next few weeks.

Jeremy Rodgers 11-09-2007 09:22 AM

Boca Raton CF noob willing to join in when convenient.

Travis Loest 11-14-2007 06:55 PM

Anyone up for something on Sunday? I've got some bars, weights, bumpers, squat stands, rings(with no place to put them) a box, and some parallettes, and I can grab one of my kettlebells from my gym(they're mine i just keep them there). We can do something at my apt complex. Or meet up, but with a meet up I need help moving the gear, I don't have a car just a bike.

Stephan Marcella 11-14-2007 07:37 PM

Hey Travis - I may be available on Sunday. I am going to try and go to Sonz in Jupiter on Saturday to train if you are interested. I also mentioned it to Jesse.

Jesse Deforrest 11-14-2007 07:56 PM

Hey guys,

Jupiter is too far for me, but I like the Sunday idea in Coral Springs.

Travis Loest 11-14-2007 08:09 PM

I've got some maintenance issues with my bike that preclude me going very far. It's my only transportation so I use it, but trying to keep it local and sparingly if possible untill I can afford to get it fixed. There is a tennis court in my apt complex that I'm fairly certain we can bogart, if we're there at the right time, or we can just use part of the parking lot that there's almost never any cars in. If someone's got a truck/van/roomy vehicle there are numerous parks we can go to as well. We also don't need to use all the equipment. I just have it available. I'm thinking we do a grinder. 3-5 exercises for 3, 5, or 7 rounds. Depending on if any and/or how many people show up we'll figure out how to rotate, exercise, spot/score/keep time

Jesse Deforrest 11-14-2007 08:54 PM

And just that quickly I have to withdraw.

I was reminded that I already have plans on Sunday. I might be able to do it Saturday, or if not I would love to do it next weekend, and if we get a good group going maybe we can make it a weekly thing.

I have a hatch back that can fit bars, and I know I can fit plates in the back seat. Me and Steve both have rings.