CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 11-10-2008 10:57 PM

Re: The Bassman's Log (Steve Lampl)

[quote=Chris Scott;443516]Man, I hope I'm as psyched about my marriage after 35 years. What a great thing to see. Congratulations to both of you.

Nice workout, too![/quote]

Thanks X 2, Chris!! Yup....still twitterpated after all these years!

Patrick Haskell 11-11-2008 03:23 AM

Happy anniversary, Steve. Nice job with keeping up the intensity while on rehab. I know that can be a challenge.

Stephen Smith 11-11-2008 03:25 AM

Definitely, congrats on the anniversary, I wish I had succeeded in either of my marriages half as well... Ah well, maybe next time!

Definitely good job keeping up the workout intensity while rehabbing... I totally wussed out and took 3 weeks off for my elbow. I could have run and done other stuff, but I used it as an excuse to be lazy! :o

Christin Street 11-11-2008 12:20 PM

HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY STEVE!! I see you celebrated in style! Nice work!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-11-2008 05:26 PM

[quote=Patrick Haskell;443583]Happy anniversary, Steve. Nice job with keeping up the intensity while on rehab. I know that can be a challenge.[/quote]

[quote=Stephen Smith;443584]Definitely, congrats on the anniversary, I wish I had succeeded in either of my marriages half as well... Ah well, maybe next time!

Definitely good job keeping up the workout intensity while rehabbing... I totally wussed out and took 3 weeks off for my elbow. I could have run and done other stuff, but I used it as an excuse to be lazy! :o[/quote]

[quote=Christin Street;443922]HAPPY 35TH ANNIVERSARY STEVE!! I see you celebrated in style! Nice work![/quote]

Thank you all! Celebration was a little low-key due to Chery's bum shoulder, but we still did Mexican (one of my favs) - - chicken fajitas, and of course, chocolate cheese cake with B&J's chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. Thought I'd pay for it big time today, but thankfully, no problema! WHEW!!

Charles Bennington 11-11-2008 05:30 PM

Damn Steve, you kicked the **** out of my disaster marriage PR by about 34 Years and 6 Months!:rofl:

Keep going strong!

Stephen R. Lampl 11-11-2008 05:45 PM

[U][B]Tuesday, 11/11/08[/B][/U][B]:

[I]HAMSTRING REHAB DAY #3.[/I][/B]

[I][B]Warm-up
Stationary Cycling:[/B] 20:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 5.3 miles / HR 92

[B]Shoulder Pass Throughs - - overhead X 10
Side to side: 5 X 2 (each direction)

CFWU X 3: No push-ups/pull-ups. GHD sit-ups
[/B]
[B]WOD Warm up:
Easy Row 1,000m. 5:35.

WOD: 3 rounds for time.
Row 500m
25 Push-ups
25 Squats
Time = 13:21
Rowing splits: 2:04/2:15/2:10.
[/B]Had to break air squats into groups of 10 or 15. Push-ups last round sucked . . . broke into groups of 4, then 3, then 2. Hard WO, but I didn't have to stop at all to catch my breath.......at least that's getting better!!!

[B]Strength Work:
[/B][B]Pull-ups: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1+ F.[/B]
Sucked today! Got only 2 OH, 2 UH, then tried to do them with strict form - - no bending my legs, or kicking to "make the bar". Got only 1 OH and 1 UH. Tried 1 more (F). Rubber arms just weren't working after that!

[B]Bench Press:
WU = 45# X 25
75# X 10
1/2 BW X 10 X 3.
[/B]Used 105# and very strict form. Last set got pretty hard last 3 -4 reps.

[B]Shoulder Press: [/B](Lighter weight and very strict form)
[B]45# X 10 X 3

Cable Pulls/Pull-ins/Seated Rows [/B](whatever they're called....)
[B]WU: 80# X 15
80# X 10
100# X 5
105# X 5
110# X 5
115# X 5
120# X 5
125# X 5
75# X 25

[/B]Knee and hamstring felt good today - - hamstring particularly. Rowing placed some gentle stress on it (pulling forward for the catches). Could also feel it just a bit with the squats.

[/I]

Stephen R. Lampl 11-11-2008 05:47 PM

[quote=Charles Bennington;444260]Damn Steve, you kicked the **** out of my disaster marriage PR by about 34 Years and 6 Months!:rofl:

Keep going strong![/quote]

Thanks, Chuck. Sorry your's was so short, but if it was a disaster, then perhaps all was not bad.

Yup, Chery's a good 'un. Don't dare tick her off - - no one else would have me....:D

Charles Bennington 11-11-2008 06:10 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;444278]Thanks, Chuck. Sorry your's was so short, but if it was a disaster, then perhaps all was not bad.
[/QUOTE]

No, I'm happy it went the way it did. There's nothing like a ****ty marriage to make you realize what's important for you.

Carla Tremblay 11-11-2008 08:20 PM

Happy Anniversary Steve! And, sorry about the hamstring. I've been reading but not posting much. Been really busy... Hope you feel better soon.