CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Lost on what to do? (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33488)

Amanda Tucker 06-24-2008 03:48 AM

Lost on what to do?

Hi.I am new to crossfit.so let me start by introducing myself my name is amanda my currents stats are:
Neck 14.5
Waist 33
Hips 44.25
Weight 198
Height 5'7

I workout average of 5 to six days. I have a 7:30 mile time.but still am not satisfied with my hips well of any of my current stats.Any tips on diets or excercises to slim down especially my hips.thanks.amanda...

Beth Kertscher 06-24-2008 05:28 AM

Re: Lost on what to do?

Zone diet + Crossfit is the perfect combination. I don't think you can do anything to target your hips per se, but as you lean out they will shrink along with the rest of you.

I started crossfit with 40lbs post-pregnancy weight to lose. About 30 came off with Crossfit alone. But it took getting on Zone to start really losing that last 10 lbs or so of body fat. My problem area is belly fat, but the muffin top is almost gone.

Christin Street 06-27-2008 03:25 AM

Hi Amanda! Welcome to Crossfit! :welcome:
Thanks for posting on my log yesterday. How fabulous that you want to be in the Army! I'll echo what Beth said and tell you that Crossfit's WODs and the Zone Diet are great ways to boost your metabolism and therefor lose weight quickly. Make sure you read through the FAQ on the main page and look over to the right for "Additional Resources for Beginners." The BrandX Scaled WODs are a great place to start.
Some may not agree but personally I need a little more cardio than most of the 20-30 min WODs call for. If I have the time (and energy!), I'll add about 20-30 min of steady-state cardio to my daily workout. Spinnng is also a great way to drop lbs.
Good luck to you! If I can help in any other way then please let me know.

Brian Bedell 06-27-2008 07:13 AM

Complete agreement with the above, but just wanted to mention with regards your comment "especially my hips." There is no such thing as "spot" fat reduction. Men and women have different areas where fat accumulates more then others, and those places will be the last to lose all the fat you want. It's really about the diet, cut out all sugars and starches (bread, pasta, rice, etc) and I'm sure you'll get there. Keep at it!! good luck

Stephen Smith 06-27-2008 11:14 AM

Welcome to another Riverside County dweller! :welcome: Nothing to add though, crossfit has done more for me than any other single thing I've done to get fit. Zone diet on top of that and you're in there. It'll take time to get the results you want, but you'll start seeing improvements very quickly. I've been doing this for 2 months, and I'm 10# lighter already, as well as far stronger and more fit.