CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nancy's Log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=35257)

Nancy Cohen 08-02-2008 12:54 PM

Nancy's Log

Thursday July 31

First time ever trying a crossfit workout!

In 10 minutes, did as many sets as possible of the following (forgot how many I did though)

20 squats
10 push-ups
10 sit-ups

Saturday August 2

Rode bike to the park and home from workout = 4 miles total. I know this isn't part of crossfit workout, but I'd thought it'd be fun to log all my activities.

3 sets of

400m run
10 overhead squats
10 walking lunges
10 pull-ups (rowing type)
10 push-ups (boy style first time, girl style next 2 times
10 v sit-ups

11 minutes

Nancy Cohen 08-03-2008 03:23 PM

Re: Nancy's Log

1 hour surfing
2 mile walk on beach
:)

Tomorrow, I'll do today's WOD. I really dislike running, so I'm sure it will be interesting :( Maybe I will grow to like it. Or maybe I'll have to get ideas for a substitute! I'll give it a chance first.

Vanessa Sisson 08-03-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen (Post 365522)
1 hour surfing
2 mile walk on beach
:)

Tomorrow, I'll do today's WOD. I really dislike running, so I'm sure it will be interesting :( Maybe I will grow to like it. Or maybe I'll have to get ideas for a substitute! I'll give it a chance first.

You might find you like the running more than you think. I was the same way before CF..well, okay I've only been doing it for about 3 or 4 weeks BUT running with a goal in mind (ex: to run the fastest 10k or whatever) is much easier than saying I am going to run for an hour. I find that I really enjoy the challenge.

Nancy Cohen 08-03-2008 03:34 PM

Vanessa, I hope you're right!

I NEVER run. Even when I've just tried to run on the treadmill, or just go a couple blocks, I just find it very unpleasant. Although, a couple times a year I will go for a run on the beach. Seriously, a couple times a year.

I'll give it a chance tomorrow. Like you said, maybe with having a goal in mind, and being that the runs are broken up, maybe I'll have a different experience. I'll report in on Monday!

Alix Clark 08-03-2008 06:13 PM

welcome Nancy - hope you enjoy CF as much as we all do!!

Nancy Cohen 08-03-2008 06:28 PM

Thanks Alix! :thanx:

Nancy Cohen 08-04-2008 09:06 AM

:run: I am a survivor of running. ACK!! Didn't enjoy it, but I did it. Only walked for about 30 seconds, to let my shins loosen up.

I did approximately:

800m run
400m run backwards
800m run
400m run backwards

22.5 minutes

This is only approximate because the track at the high school is shorter than 400m (which is why they don't have track meets there).

I marked out some points that were my start/stop points, and just did it. I made it like 1 1/3 laps = one lap. But I don't really know what the distance was.

Will have to figure out a way to measure off 400m.

Nancy Cohen 08-05-2008 11:09 AM

I think I'm going to be a CF hack. But I'm ok with that too! I'm having fun and already feel like I'm getting stronger.

I'm doing the best I can with what I've got...limited time, and almost no equipment. This is only my 5th day of modified stuff, but I seem to already be losing some of the body fat around my middle. Yea!! :pepper:

I discovered that the kid's playground near my house has some things that I can use to do modified exercises. And at home, I use the stability ball for some of the stuff like sit ups, dips, back extensions.

Today's workout:

3 sets of 10:
stretch
sit ups
push ups
back extensions
dips

5 sets of 5:
overhead squats (I hold a broomstick. No weight. Wimpy, I know)

Walk 1/2 mile
3 sets of 10 modified pull-ups from a low bar
Balance skills on a hanging wood beam
Walk 1/2 mile home

Andy Gann 08-05-2008 06:28 PM

Here's a link to the shin splint thing ... it's kind of cheesy but the best i could do on short notice.

http://docs.google.com/Presentation?...x46_17hjj7q2dz

Nancy Cohen 08-06-2008 02:42 PM

Andy, thanks for the link. I'll read over it this evening.

OK, workouts...

Add to Tuesday's log, 3 miles on my bike.

Today's Workout...

1 1/2 hours surfing. :super: (this could be me paddling, not flying!)

This evening I'd like to do a modified WOD, but I can't find an explanation of what a squat snatch is. I wish this site had one big search capability. I know that this info must be on here, but I can't find it!