CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Ernie's workout log (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=32407)

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 05:45 AM

Ernie's workout log

hey guys my name is Ernie and i'm from Miami, florida. I've have been reading several logs here everyday and decided it was time to start my own. I have been messing around with crossfit for almost a year now but not entirely consistent. I really love how its changed my body. i have been working out for over 10 years ever since highschool football. But this by far is the most intense routine i have ever encountered. I'm 5'8 and fluctuate in weight 177-182lbs. I want to stay around that weight range but be like 8% body fat. I'm not sure what my bodyfat is at now but im guessing somewhere in the 12-17% range. Looking forward to writing down my progress and getting some tips and critiques from you guys!!!

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 05:53 AM

Re: Ernie's workout log

05-13-2008

Elizabeth
21-15-9
Squat Cleans: 135lbs
Bar dips(2x)
Time: 16:12

these squat cleans take the life out of me lol. i can only do like 10 in a row in the first round and my wind is gone!!! i had to do bar dips because there are no rings at the gym!! I need to get more endurance on the cleans. looking forward to killing this time next time this workout comes up.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 05:54 AM

5-14-08

5 rounds for time of

5 deadlifts (275lbs)
12 knee to elbows
Time: 10:51

This was the first time ever trying that heavy on deadlifts!!! I was surprised as to how it didn’t feel as heavy as I had imagined!!! I did the first 2 rounds pleasingly faster than I thought I would but then my forearms started fatiguing. i did the deadlifts in round 3 all in a row but had to break up the KTE’s because of my grip. My left hand grip started giving out on me in rounds 4 and 5 so I had to break up the deadlifts as well. Overall felt really happy that I lifted that weight that many times and learned I need to lift heavier more often to improve my grip strength.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 05:57 AM

05-15-08

ĺ ďMurphĒ

Run 1 mile
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats

TIME: 38:00 pr by 20 minutes!!!

I ran the mile in 7:25.It was faster than last time but only by 5 seconds. I was hoping to run it a lot faster but my lower back was stiffing up at the midway point. I guess it was because of the heavy deadlifting I did yesterday. I partitioned the pullups, pushups, and squats into 20 sets of 5, 10, and 15. I actually had a nice rhythm on my kipping pullups in most sets. Iím sure this helped my time improve. I will attempt to run the second mile the next time this workout is prescribed!! i didnt this time because my back was too stiff at the end of the squats.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 05:58 AM

5-19-08

ďJ.TĒ
21-15-9

Handstand pushups
Dips (2x) Ė have no rings
Pushups

Time: 18:41

I believe this was a bit faster than the last time I tried this workout but Iím not sure because I didnít write down the time. My shoulders seem to be getting a bit stronger because this is the first time I have ever done 13 handstands in a row. The most I had gotten before was 11 or 12. I think I could have gotten one more but my feet werenít sliding too well against the wall so it made each rep slower. I need to invest on some rings because doing the dips for twice the reps kills my triceps and shoulders. My goal for next attempt is to get under 17 minutes.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 05:59 AM

5-20-08

For time:
75 Push-ups
95 pound Sumo-deadlift high-pull, 50 reps
50 Ring Dips
45 pound Weighted Pull-ups, 30 reps
25 Handstand Push-ups
TIME: 32:47

This was a great workout. I was shooting to finish in the range of 20-30 minute range. I thought was going to knock out 60 pushups in a row but was only able to get 45. I guess its because of the workout I did the day before. It was all upper body so my chest and triceps felt tired from the get go. I think what really killed my time was the dips. I had to do 100 bar dips because I donít have rings. I started out strong knocking out 30 dips on one shot but then had to break it down to sets of 10s. I didnít know I was even going to get 3 pullups in a row with that weight because I had never tried before. But I broke it down to sets of 3. uses a bit of a kip in each so I got some practice done. I finished strong with handstands even though I thought that was going to take me the longest because my shoulders and triceps were so tired. Overall I was pleased with my performance.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 06:00 AM

05-25-08

ďCindyĒ as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats

Rounds: 17 Pr by 2 rounds.

I am very happy that I beat my PR by 2 rounds. This is mainly to using the kipping pullups. I was shooting for 1 round per minute but that rhythm stopped after round 10. The squats kept making me lose my breath. I couldnít manage to get all 15 in a row. Iím sure the alcohol consumption the night before didnít help either. Iím pleased even though I didnít get the 20 rounds I wanted but im sure ill get closer next time.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 06:14 AM

05-26-08

50-35-20

Push press (65lbs)
Dumbbell swings (30lbs)
Pushups
Run 400 meters

Time: 25:45

This workout was very intense. It had me breathing extremely hard the entire time. I thought I was going to puke a couple times during the runs. Very happy I was able to complete it without puking or fainting lol.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2008 06:15 AM

5-27-08
5 rounds for time:

15 OHS 95 lbs.
4 rounds of Cindy
TIME: 36:45
Holy crap this thing had me winded from the end of round one lol. The OHS felt good but it all went down hill after I finished the first round. My endurance in tabata style squats sucks!!! I think I can do like 20 rounds in Cindy if it werenít for my squats. The pull-pullups felt a bit tough too because I was doing them in a thicker bar than Iím use to. I couldnít get my kip rhythm cuz I was afraid of losing my grip on the fat bar. I was shooting for 28 minutes in this but I guess my legs were more tired than I thought from the previous 2 workouts. Canít wait to do it again to see how much I improve!!!

Ernie Guevara 05-29-2008 05:39 AM

5-28-08
ďBrandonís Bad DayĒ

3 rounds for time:

15 OHS (95lbs)
15 L-pullups
15 pushpress (95lbs)
15 KTE
15 squat cleans (95lbs)
15 back extensions
TIME: 23:45 PR
- last time I finished in in 26 minutes.

This workout always knocks my wind once I get to the pushpresses. I try to catch my breath as I do the KTEís but that doesnít really happen and then the squat cleans finish me off. I need to work on my squat clean endurance to help out my time on Elizabeth. That is definitely one of my weaknesses. I was pleased with my time but felt I could have finished somewhere in the 21 or 22 minute range but there were a couple of times when I just couldnít catch my breath and felt like puking lol:eek:. Iíll get it next time.:super: