CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Elizabeth Terris 06-23-2009 08:56 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

Nice Grace PR.
Your sleep schedule looks like mine!
Great front squats!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-23-2009 09:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=Justin McGinley;612921]Nice work today! Your pull-ups have come so far.[/quote]

Thanks, Justin. Feels so good to finally have things come together. Really feels good when you're a klutz like me...:rofl:

[quote=Elizabeth Terris;612927]Nice Grace PR.
Your sleep schedule looks like mine!
Great front squats![/quote]

Thanks, ET! Sleep schedule would be better if we didn't have the "Wrecking Crew" (pix attached - w/f/s) waking us up at all hours of the night (my 17 1/2 year old cat died in May). Also found some improvement after upping my protein intake....

Great to hear from you - - take care!

Aushion Chatman 06-24-2009 09:41 AM

Looks like you're a PR machine right now Steve, keep up the good work.

Justin McGinley 06-25-2009 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;612945]Thanks, Justin. Feels so good to finally have things come together. Really feels good when you're a klutz like me...:rofl:

[/QUOTE]

I've been told being un-coordinated and klutzy is a temporary and correctable thing. I've yet to be convinced myself either. :D

Stephen R. Lampl 06-25-2009 10:07 PM

[quote=Aushion Chatman;613238]Looks like you're a PR machine right now Steve, keep up the good work.[/quote]

Aush,

Thank you! All the pointers I've received and chances to work with great people is paying off in the skill work.

Take care!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-25-2009 10:08 PM

[quote=Justin McGinley;613849]I've been told being un-coordinated and klutzy is a temporary and correctable thing. I've yet to be convinced myself either. :D[/quote]

I sincerely hope it's temporary......

Tried practicing squats on a BOSU again today....:rofl:

Stephen R. Lampl 06-25-2009 10:25 PM

[I][B]090624 WEDNESDAY

REST DAY

090625 THURSDAY

[/B]Short workout schedule today (RATS), so did skill work.

[B]Warm-up:
[/B][/I][B]Treadmill - Walking. [/B]10:00 / 1.5 deg incline / 4.0 MPH / .60 miles.
[B]CF Redding Warm-up
[/B]
[I][B]Skill Work:[/B][/I]
[B]OHS X PVC[/B]: 10 X 5
[B]Pause Squats: [/B]5 X 5 sec hold in bottom position
[B]Air Squats: [/B]Strict form; 25 X 2 (done slowly)
[B]BOSU Squats: [/B]10 X 1. Okay......these were just plain wicked!

[I][B]Kipping Pull-ups:[/B]
[/I]6, 10, 8, 5 = 29

No time for WOD today.......

Carter Jee 06-26-2009 06:39 AM

wow...

your pullups are coming along..

and you're on a crossfit journal video!!! tucker was talking bout the kipping pullup.. tucker was talking bout using bands to assist with learning the kipping and you're there next to jim, nodding away!!!

i didn't realise that you met a whole bunch of crossfitters like annie, eva, jim!!

carter

Stephen R. Lampl 06-26-2009 09:55 AM

[quote=Carter Jee;614380]wow...

your pullups are coming along..

and you're on a crossfit journal video!!! tucker was talking bout the kipping pullup.. tucker was talking bout using bands to assist with learning the kipping and you're there next to jim, nodding away!!!

i didn't realise that you met a whole bunch of crossfitters like annie, eva, jim!!

carter[/quote]

[I][B]your pullups are coming along..[/B][/I]

Thanks Carter! I didn't realize it had so much to do with timing......couldn't synchronize the kip with the pull for the life of me. You'd think being a musician would help me get that down........:rofl:

It was great to meet everyone there - - all great people.

Have a great day!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-27-2009 01:49 AM

[I][B]090626 FRIDAY

[/B]Lots of time spent job hunting today - - hit the gym late in the day and tired.
[B]
Warm-up:
[/B][/I][B]Stationary Cycling: [/B]10:00 / L3 / 100 RPM / 2.6 miles
[B]CFRWU: [/B]Weighted the walking lunges today with 25# Db.
[B]Walk (Treadmill):[/B] 5:00 / 1.5 deg. incline / 4.0 MPH
[B]Hamstring/Achilles Stretches: [/B]About 10:00

[I][B]Skill Work:
[/B][/I][B]OHS: [/B]PVC - 10 X 2

[I][B]WOD Warm-up:
[/B][/I][B]Thrusters / HPC / SDHP: [/B]PVC X 10 reps of each, 45# bar X 5 each, 95# X 5 each.

[I][B]WOD:
[/B][/I][B]ARMAP in 20 Minutes of:
5 X 95# Thrusters
7 X 95# HPC
10 X 95# SDHP
Score: [/B]3 rounds in 11:32. [I][B]DNF.....

[/B][/I][B][I]Note: [/I][/B][I]For some reason, my L/hamstring REALLY bothered me doing SDHPs during the WOD. Warm-ups were slow and deliberate for form. During the WOD, they felt OK initially (no problems with thrusters), but I was afraid to push it.....

[B]Kipping Pull-up Work:
[/B][/I]Tried my first 4 for height - - ALMOST got high enough on a couple for a bar muscle up, I think.........
Tried to butterfly kip 5........well.......don't know about this one.
Regular kipping for the rest: 10, 13, 12, 9, and 5 (took a video of these last 5 for grins). TOTAL for the day = 58.
The kipping is ugly, but hey......it works (I think...) [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/5347376"]Steve Kips - - It's a Miracle![/URL] (w/f/s)