CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Nutrition (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   paleo "change your life in 30 days" (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=49476)

Scot Roeder 07-31-2009 10:12 PM

paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Well I feel like I have been in sort of a rut and looking for something. I have been crossfiting since the begining of May and loving it. But my eating habit need a lot of work.
I was looking at threads on the Paleo diet and found a blog done by Melissa Urban Byers and there was section titled Cheange your life in 30 days. I read it and thought that I would do this. So I am going to keep track of what I eat and try and post it here and get some feed back on how good or bad I may be doing. Let the fun begin:kicking0:

Randy Hill 08-01-2009 12:01 AM

Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Good for you, Scott. Determination is key, but I am sure you know this already. Keep us posted bro.

Amy Tompkins 08-01-2009 06:44 AM

Way to go Scot. Yesterday was day 30 for me, and it really is life changing. I feel really good, consistent energy all day long, my WODs are going well. You would think that today, the day after completing the challenge, I would be "celebrating" with a Big Mac and fries, but I'm not. I'm keeping this going for another two months at least. I'm going to be doing FGB4 at the end of September and I want to be in the best shape of my life for it.

The first week or two might suck. You might be tired, hungry, etc. Give it time. ALWAYS have food ready. The worst craving times for me are when I get hungry, probably because my body remembers how easy it is to get energy from carbs.

Mike Kerce 08-01-2009 06:58 PM

i'm starting full on paleo as well so i'll be paying attention here. best of luck!

John Devine 08-01-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot Roeder (Post 635769)
Well I feel like I have been in sort of a rut and looking for something. I have been crossfiting since the begining of May and loving it. But my eating habit need a lot of work.
I was looking at threads on the Paleo diet and found a blog done by Melissa Urban Byers and there was section titled Cheange your life in 30 days. I read it and thought that I would do this. So I am going to keep track of what I eat and try and post it here and get some feed back on how good or bad I may be doing. Let the fun begin:kicking0:

Hey Scot, same story here. I'm making a shopping list now, shopping tomorrow and start my 30 days on Monday. Melisa's blog is a great resource for people wanting to give it a go.

Departed 08-01-2009 10:03 PM

31 days in to a new Paleo diet and plenty of Crossfitting. Down 21 pounds...plenty more to go!!!

Jo Maas 08-02-2009 01:01 AM

Hey Scot, if you don't mind some company, I'd like to tag along with you on the 30 day Paleo challenge. Already it seems easier knowing there is someone else to account to.

Cheers, Jo

Robbie Cooper 08-02-2009 03:49 PM

Good for you.

Today is Day 6 for me. Also got my inspiration from Byers' blog. I treated myself to healthier lifestyle by buying a new electric smoker (WFS). I've been smoking chicken and salmon all week.

In fact, I just finished smoking 3 lbs of fresh salmon filets. Having a chunk for dinner, then saving the rest of my lunches this week.

I thought that cheese would be the hardest thing for me to give up (and it has been), but I'm making due just fine.

Looking forward to the rest of the month.

Scot Roeder 08-02-2009 10:04 PM

Well I have made it 2 days now. No pop,pasta or pizza.Here is what I ate today:
2 large whole eggs
1/4 cp mushrooms
4 oz chicken breast
8 almonds

1 egg scrambled
2 slices bacon
4 oz slice of ham

8 oz flank steak
1/4 cp mushrooms
1 garlic clove
1/2 cp pine nuts

4 hard boiled eggs

I really need to work on it. Not eating enough. I need to find some good snacks for in between meals that I can take on the go and are easy and cheap to make.
So everyone feel free to share recipies or idea with everyone here.

Jo Maas 08-02-2009 10:49 PM

I made a 'lettuce roll' today. Iceberg lettuce - each leaf is shaped like a cup and really crunchy - love the crunch. Smeared some Almond Butter in it, then added strips of green and red capsicum, then some roasted chicken. Rolled it up like a 'wrap or sushi' and was super yummy. I'm only on day one at the moment so it's early days yet, but am determined!