CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout of the Day (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   50 Burpees - What's your time? (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=31270)

Doug Blankenship 05-04-2008 12:29 AM

50 Burpees - What's your time?

Sounds like fun, I have not tried this in a long time. Since I have to wait eight more hours to do this, I'm just curious what kind of times some of you are pulling off when you do this WOD?

I will post my time tomorrow as soon as I get done.

My time: Pending

Scott Jenkins 05-04-2008 05:08 AM

Re: 50 Burpees - What's your time?

This ones is a real lung burner as are all the WODs that look simple on paper.
Good luck later Doug, plus take a look at comments on the main page, most people post there times there.

Victor Putz 05-04-2008 09:42 AM

Over double that, at 7:22. Hadn't really done a burpee workout before, so probably took it easier than I needed to (many breaks) but still pretty gassed at the end. Ah well; better next time.

Win Featherston 05-04-2008 10:23 AM

6:39

Did the first 10 pretty quickly, then did 5 at a time with a short breather in between until I hit 50.

FWIW: 44/male/180lbs

Sean Dunston 05-04-2008 10:26 AM

Never done 50 - but we did a WOD at our affiliate of 150 Burpees for time a couple weeks ago, and I finished in appx 12:40.

good luck and have fun!

Mark E. Wallace 05-04-2008 10:42 AM

The Good News
  • Today I set a PR for 50 burpees! :pepper: :kicking0:

The Bad News
  • The PR was 12:02 :(

Today was the first time I had ever done even a single burpee, so doing 50 of them as rx'd (which I did do) was harsh. My movement is also presently severely hampered by some sort of rib-area injury that I sustained during Wednesday's thrusters. Without the injury, my time still would have suuuuuuccccked, but it probably would have been at least four minutes faster. I had to stop many times just to shake off the pain, even though my wind & strength were holding out okay. I'm new to CF and in horrible shape, but I still toughed it out today.

- Mark

Win Featherston 05-04-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Dunston (Post 304392)
Never done 50 - but we did a WOD at our affiliate of 150 Burpees for time a couple weeks ago, and I finished in appx 12:40.

good luck and have fun!

Nice! It takes me over 15 minutes just to do 100.

Win Featherston 05-04-2008 10:48 AM

Mark - pretty awesome job for never having done a burpee before. The first few aren't too bad, but they sure catch up with you.

Mark E. Wallace 05-04-2008 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win Featherston (Post 304406)
Mark - pretty awesome job for never having done a burpee before. The first few aren't too bad, but they sure catch up with you.

I appreciate the compliment, Win. Thanks.

It's sorta bittersweet for me. On the one hand, I did 50 when I had never done even one before, and I did it when I just as easily could have blown it off due to the rib problem. On the other hand, I was an elite athlete in several sports as a teenager (back in the Dark Ages), and I know that I have somewhere deep inside me the ability to do this sort of thing in about 5-6 minutes. I just gotta keep plugging away until my health improves and my times start to fall.

Cheers, and thanks again!

Mark

Johan Ström 05-04-2008 02:12 PM

I also set a new PR:
17:12

Looks like I'm the leader ;)

First week on CrossFit. My first WOD was 080430.

Never done Burpees before, but I can see where the name comes from.

//Johan