CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 01-28-2010 01:38 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;731557]That's a great score Nik!:highfive: I hope I can match you on this! I haven't maxed in backsquat in a while so kind of nervous! Will use your score as motivation! Congrats man!:pepper:[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I hope you can push past me, but you always max more. So you better this time.

Funny my squat is challenging my deadlift now.

What is your max? what number are you looking for?

Scott Jenkins 01-28-2010 01:52 PM

Fantastic work Nik, smashed your last times score and beat me, you deserve some dancing veggie today mate :pepper:

Ernie Guevara 01-28-2010 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;731560]Thanks man, I hope you can push past me, but you always max more. So you better this time.

Funny my squat is challenging my deadlift now.

What is your max? what number are you looking for?[/QUOTE]

I have squatted 315 in the past but that was before I hurt my groin early last year. Groin seems to be healed completely since I haven't felt it tight or twinge when we have done backsquats in sets of 3 and 5s. My goal is to get to 300 especially since I'm doing it alone. That's gon me a bit nervous but if I fail I'll just let the weight roll off my back. Jus hope I can't match u on this one bud!

Nik Nichols 01-28-2010 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;731582]I have squatted 315 in the past but that was before I hurt my groin early last year. Groin seems to be healed completely since I haven't felt it tight or twinge when we have done backsquats in sets of 3 and 5s. My goal is to get to 300 especially since I'm doing it alone. That's gon me a bit nervous but if I fail I'll just let the weight roll off my back. Jus hope I can't match u on this one bud![/QUOTE]

Go smart and go strong in mind as well as body. I expect you to beat me.

Nik Nichols 01-28-2010 02:23 PM

3:00 break
2. pwr cln+pp+pj+jerk: 1+1+1+1x6 sets
weight at 155lbs.

10 pullups.

Nik Nichols 01-28-2010 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;731570]Fantastic work Nik, smashed your last times score and beat me, you deserve some dancing veggie today mate :pepper:[/QUOTE]

No, really got you today?! Thanks for the pepper!

Man there is alot of stress and changes at work and it has had all my time and really tough up here right now. I have needed some good lifts lately. But on a good note, I'm back on 5 day weeks, so that is a plus in my favor.

Laurie Smith 01-28-2010 02:56 PM

300lbs!!! :yikes: Yes, that definitely deserves :broc::broc:

Nik Nichols 01-28-2010 04:11 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;731621]300lbs!!! :yikes: Yes, that definitely deserves :broc::broc:[/QUOTE]

HAHA. Thanks. It was a good day. It seem that stress helps me lift. ;)
I needed to get out of my little word for a wile and a heavy lift did the trick!

Jesse Emers 01-28-2010 07:44 PM

Nice work on the clean and back squat PRs Nik. Thats a big jump in weight for the squat! Tommorows mainpage looks fun.

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 07:53 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;731712]Nice work on the clean and back squat PRs Nik. Thats a big jump in weight for the squat! Tommorows mainpage looks fun.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jesse, I am real happy and really suprised. The last 1rep max was 5or6 months ago, I don't really back squat to much, I throw a set in like maybe twice a month and what ever the mainpage throws out.

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 07:56 AM

Todays WOD looks crazy, I expect to getthose red ''freckels'' arround my eyes from the HSPU's but other then that, I plan to challenge the 350rep. I don't think I'll do to big a warmup at 10:00, just enough to get warm and streched out.

Scott you posted your count, that is my goal, to beat you. If the HSPU's don't kill me, I hope my pullups give me the chance to build some points, that and if the squats stay good.

Scott Jenkins 01-29-2010 08:06 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;731878]Todays WOD looks crazy, I expect to getthose red ''freckels'' arround my eyes from the HSPU's but other then that, I plan to challenge the 350rep. I don't think I'll do to big a warmup at 10:00, just enough to get warm and streched out.

Scott you posted your count, that is my goal, to beat you. If the HSPU's don't kill me, I hope my pullups give me the chance to build some points, that and if the squats stay good.[/QUOTE]

Yes that's my estimate Nik , but you know how it goes , somedays we underestimate these WODs. Should be a great competition between us, we have Ernie with he's HSPU's but he's legs get tired on squats then you with your pull up numbers and me with my push ups. :rofl: I only get 1 minute on my favourite.

Oh yes I wont be hitting it until tomorrow as its CF Essex class tonight.

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;731886]Yes that's my estimate Nik , but you know how it goes , somedays we underestimate these WODs. Should be a great competition between us, we have Ernie with he's HSPU's but he's legs get tired on squats then you with your pull up numbers and me with my push ups. :rofl: I only get 1 minute on my favourite.

Oh yes I wont be hitting it until tomorrow as its CF Essex class tonight.[/QUOTE]

Oh thats right, so you will have our points to beat!! Nice. I hope we do well enought to keep you ''running''!!:evilsmile

Did they post the workout at Essex yet?

Scott Jenkins 01-29-2010 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;731893]Oh thats right, so you will have our points to beat!! Nice. I hope we do well enought to keep you ''running''!!:evilsmile

Did they post the workout at Essex yet?[/QUOTE]

Keir waits to see how many and who turns up at class now before posting our workout, makes sense I guess but I still get impatient to know what I will be doing.

Ernie Guevara 01-29-2010 09:10 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;731886]Yes that's my estimate Nik , but you know how it goes , somedays we underestimate these WODs. Should be a great competition between us, we have Ernie with he's HSPU's but he's legs get tired on squats then you with your pull up numbers and me with my push ups. :rofl: I only get 1 minute on my favourite.

Oh yes I wont be hitting it until tomorrow as its CF Essex class tonight.[/QUOTE]

Lmao I was thinking the same thing! I said to myself " I can probably beat them in the hspus, nik will probably beat us in the pullups. And Scott will probably beat us in the squats or pushups" lol funny how we know each others weaknesses. I believe the pushups will suffer a lot thoguh because of the hspus. And I get the red spots all over my forehead nik not my eyes lol. Looks like I have a rash when I get it lol

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;731938]Lmao I was thinking the same thing! I said to myself " I can probably beat them in the hspus, nik will probably beat us in the pullups. And Scott will probably beat us in the squats or pushups" lol funny how we know each others weaknesses. I believe the pushups will suffer a lot thoguh because of the hspus. And I get the red spots all over my forehead nik not my eyes lol. Looks like I have a rash when I get it lol[/QUOTE]

Yea, me too on the rash, but it arround my eyes.

It will be a fun contest for us all, Scott will do it tomarrow. I will try to keep seperate counts of reps. I was just goping to count it all as one set. But I will tery to seperate it.

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 09:29 AM

10:00 breaki

20GHSD's
30 situps 45lbs
30 ring dips
That is about it for today. I am saving as much as I can for the WOD.

Laurie Smith 01-29-2010 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;731948]10:00 breaki

20GHSD's
30 situps 45lbs
30 ring dips
That is about it for today. I am saving as much as I can for the WOD.[/QUOTE]

Tonight's going to be a good one!

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;731952]Tonight's going to be a good one![/QUOTE]

I know it!! You thought about how many reps? oR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO GO?

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 11:05 AM

So we here at work are taking out Cory for lunch and I will miss the workout. I will try to get it done at 3:00 if I can, or at the end of the day.

Laurie Smith 01-29-2010 11:20 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;731987]I know it!! You thought about how many reps? oR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO GO?[/QUOTE]

I haven't even thought about how many reps. :( HSPU's will be where I fail, so I'll have to try to make it up with the squats, where I'm stronger. Perhaps...250-275. :rofl:

Fergus Lally 01-29-2010 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;731990]I haven't even thought about how many reps. :( HSPU's will be where I fail, so I'll have to try to make it up with the squats, where I'm stronger. Perhaps...250-275. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

just think of all the energy you'll save during the HSPU's:D

were all waiting on those big numbers Nik

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=Fergus Lally;732043]just think of all the energy you'll save during the HSPU's:D

were all waiting on those big numbers Nik[/QUOTE]

I'll post it in about an hour. I can't wait!!

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 02:33 PM

10 minutes Handstand push-ups
5 minutes Squats
2 minutes Pull-ups
1 minute Push-ups

HSPU's47
squats 165
pullups C2B 55
pushups40

total 297

HSPU's at 5min I had 32 done 40reps done at 8min mark 7 reps in last 2min

Squats I never stopped, I did catch myself slow down and I sped up. I slowed down with out knowing it. They were murder. I felt the squats from yesterday really quick.

Pullups 30 first set just kept counting and going, drop for a breath and went again, sets of 10 ish, some morwe some less.

pushups were sets of 10 ish too. I'd stop, rock back get a few more.

It was real breathy.

Laurie Smith 01-29-2010 02:36 PM

[QUOTE=Fergus Lally;732043]just think of all the energy you'll save during the HSPU's:D

were all waiting on those big numbers Nik[/QUOTE]

Haha....that's one way to look at it.

Nice work Nik.....maybe I should lower my numbers to about 200-225.

Ernie Guevara 01-29-2010 02:38 PM

good numbers there nik especially that many pullups in 2 minutes! I hope I can get close to your total! My legs are a bit sorealready from yesterdY so I know those squats are gonna suck!

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;732071]10 minutes Handstand push-ups
5 minutes Squats
2 minutes Pull-ups
1 minute Push-ups

HSPU's47
squats 165
pullups C2B 55
pushups40

total 297

HSPU's at 5min I had 32 done 40reps done at 8min mark 7 reps in last 2min

Squats I never stopped, I did catch myself slow down and I sped up. I slowed down with out knowing it. They were murder. I felt the squats from yesterday really quick.

Pullups 30 first set just kept counting and going, drop for a breath and went again, sets of 10 ish, some morwe some less.

pushups were sets of 10 ish too. I'd stop, rock back get a few more.

It was real breathy.[/QUOTE]

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;732075]Haha....that's one way to look at it.

Nice work Nik.....maybe I should lower my numbers to about 200-225.[/QUOTE]
Just keep moving, you will do fine. Besides you have beat me in a couple of workouts.
[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;732076]good numbers there nik especially that many pullups in 2 minutes! I hope I can get close to your total! My legs are a bit sorealready from yesterdY so I know those squats are gonna suck![/QUOTE]

Yes, squat got real sore really early, but it wasn't hard to push through, just keep repping, also watch for slowing down, it snuck up on me and I sped up when I noticed it.

HSPUs were really hard after a bit. I got most of my count early, i think it worked ok for me like that. I got as many as I could wile I still had the strenth and chipped away at it in 2's and 3's if I coud get it. Wile still keeping breaks down.

Nik Nichols 01-29-2010 09:10 PM

I like the looks of Saturdays WOD, I need to work my shoulder locking form, so this fits the bill nicely. This looks like a page off Mikes gym. I can't wait.

Jay Rhodes 01-29-2010 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;732075]Haha....that's one way to look at it.

Nice work Nik.....maybe I should lower my numbers to about 200-225.[/QUOTE]

Never! Just go for it!

Nik, nice work on the pullups especially!!

Laurie Smith 01-29-2010 10:32 PM

Haha..ended up with a 203 and a bruised knee. Came crashing down on one of my hspu's. I need stronger shoulders!!

Scott Jenkins 01-30-2010 02:16 AM

Nik your numbers add up to 307 not 297 so great work getting over the barrier, massive respect for keeping the squats going all the way and your pull ups strong as ever.

Nik Nichols 01-30-2010 06:39 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;732268]Nik your numbers add up to 307 not 297 so great work getting over the barrier, massive respect for keeping the squats going all the way and your pull ups strong as ever.[/QUOTE]

Ha, you are right, I don't know how I got the 297, other then I added it up just after the workout and was all breathing hard and a mess.

That is great, I was a little bummed thar I didn't break 300. But I knew my HSPU's would be a factor. and I screwed up the squats. The pushups were really hard. I was trying to hit 10's but would get 7or 8 strech like a cat and get the rest for 10 reps and go again, it was mueder, and the squats felt bad on my quads in a good way.

Legs have big doms from it and it will be fun to see how today goes from snach ballance and OHS.

Nik Nichols 01-30-2010 06:41 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;732232]Haha..ended up with a 203 and a bruised knee. Came crashing down on one of my hspu's. I need stronger shoulders!![/QUOTE]

Great job Laurie, I hope your knee is good. I need strongewr shoulders too, but I'm happy with the gains I'm getting.

Nik Nichols 01-30-2010 08:41 AM

Seven rounds for time of:
95 pound Power snatch, 7 reps
95 pound Snatch balance, 7 reps
95 pound Overhead squat, 7 reps

ok. This workout was a mess and I ended up not timing it. Which was slow any way.

I started it with 95lbs, couldn't snach balance it, so rigged up a second bar with 75lbs for snach balance and going to use the 95 for the OHS's, there I had to stop to take Martin to the restroom. Got back to it for the second round and had to take him again,

Now i was frustrated a bit, not at him, but I was cheating rest and the workout timed was blown.

So did the second set the same as the first, then I had to take Martin to the rest room the second time.

Now I stopped trying to time it, finished it with just the 75lbs bar all the way through. I am done. I knew going into it I would have trouble with the snach, but I need the practice and was glad to see it on the main page.

I was just expecting a better time. Oh well next workout is mine.

Go kill it for me guys.

Oh and I will have my new 7foot bar for my house this after noon. No weights for it yet, but I will have a bar. Early B-day gift.

Scott Jenkins 01-30-2010 11:12 AM

A very useful day of drilling the snatch still Nik, it takes some practice the snatch balance, luckily I had some coaching at the affiliate.

Great news on the bar , whens your birthday?

Nik Nichols 01-30-2010 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;732372]A very useful day of drilling the snatch still Nik, it takes some practice the snatch balance, luckily I had some coaching at the affiliate.

Great news on the bar , whens your birthday?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, My B-day is next Sunday, the 7th.

I got my bar now and it is killing me do do somthing with it. But Cathy is sick and I have a few hours till martin is in bed. I don't have any weight, but I can drill till I pass out!!

Scott Jenkins 01-31-2010 02:12 AM

You will end of waking with the bar in your bed, lets hope its some barbel work on main page tomorrow, although I am sure you will think up some extras.

Nik Nichols 01-31-2010 07:07 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;732556]You will end of waking with the bar in your bed, lets hope its some barbel work on main page tomorrow, although I am sure you will think up some extras.[/QUOTE]

HAHA, I'm afraid I will go out and lift on one of my nidnight strolls. Instead of eating I'll be lifting!!:)

i did go out and did more snach work with the bar last night. Now I cant wait to get some weights in too.

Scott Jenkins 01-31-2010 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;732576]HAHA, I'm afraid I will go out and lift on one of my nidnight strolls. Instead of eating I'll be lifting!!:)

i did go out and did more snach work with the bar last night. Now I cant wait to get some weights in too.[/QUOTE]

Cheese and crackers is my latest night strolling food, massive lump with a whole cracker each side and half of it all over the floor, thats how I remember.

Give it about half hour of bar drills on the snatch and snatch balance and you will be great next time this WOD comes around. There's a few other drills also you might want to look up on you tube - Heaving Snatch Balance is a good one.

Nik Nichols 01-31-2010 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;732583]Cheese and crackers is my latest night strolling food, massive lump with a whole cracker each side and half of it all over the floor, thats how I remember.

Give it about half hour of bar drills on the snatch and snatch balance and you will be great next time this WOD comes around. There's a few other drills also you might want to look up on you tube - Heaving Snatch Balance is a good one.[/QUOTE]

Aye, I was doing a small bit of snach drill with the bar. I have to really work on getting my shoulders locked on the catch. After yesterday i have prove to myself that shoulder form is good. Now it will be getting stronger or getting the skill down and getting heavy.