CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 06:23 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;833634]Nice work today, nik... I hope you get some sleep tonight and keep up with those stretches!![/QUOTE]

Eh sleep is always hard for me. I never sleep through a night. I just don't always get up for long. Usually it is to get a drink and use the rest room.

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 06:48 AM

warm up
30 each
GHD's
back ext 40lbs
abmatt situps 45lbs overhead
OBHS's with bar

(all I had time for)

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 08:29 AM

10:00 break

Rolled my shoulders 2 min each side front and back 8min total.

2 min streching the hips rthat K Star thing on the wall. I got 2 min solid each side with out switching, but I still had my knee away from the wall a bit.

1min each side piegon pose

Todasy workout I will do regular HSPU's and see how it goes.

Scott Jenkins 08-26-2010 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;833899]10:00 break

Rolled my shoulders 2 min each side front and back 8min total.

2 min streching the hips rthat K Star thing on the wall. I got 2 min solid each side with out switching, but I still had my knee away from the wall a bit.

1min each side piegon pose

Todasy workout I will do regular HSPU's and see how it goes.[/QUOTE]

I felt all wobbly getting up after todays KStar stretch, really hit me in the Innards. Forgot my foam roller today Nik.

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 11:23 AM

For time:
21 Pull-ups
21 Handstand Push-ups
18 Pull-ups
18 Handstand Push-ups
15 Pull-ups
15 Handstand Push-ups
12 Pull-ups
12 Handstand Push-ups
9 Pull-ups
9 Handstand Push-ups
6 Pull-ups
6 Handstand Push-ups
3 Pull-ups
3 Handstand Push-ups
Handstand push-ups are "nose to floor" and pull-ups are "strict" or non-kipping.

time 43:12
last time 31 something.

Ok so I sucked up the HSPU's BUT.

Ok I scaled the frist of it. I did the 21,18,15 to a 2inch piece of foam, working my form, My left shoulder was killing me for a wile. I was working my form and hand placement. The foam was to easy, but I was ending on my head going to the floor. I tried to kip out bot it hurt my shoulder to do it so i only kipped out of 1 rep.

After all this struggle I gutted it out and started doing singles to the floor from rep 12. And the further I got the more confident I got and better I did. I was able to do 2s and a couple of 3's, I got the last set of 3 in a row.

I also had to talk to a customer in the middle of it which I got mad about and ity almost blew the workout for me. But I got mad and kept going.

Yea my time sucked regardless of the interuption. Yea I scaled the first of it. BUT I got real HSPU's again for reps. Real glad for that.

Pullups good. I broke the 21,18. Reps 15 to 3 unbroken.

Scott Jenkins 08-26-2010 01:08 PM

Sounds like you just needed to do them and get your body into the groove again Nik, good work and with a customer interruption, that would make me MAD!! I had left shoulder pain also, its strange I get it on HSPU but not going overhead with barbels.

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;834060]Sounds like you just needed to do them and get your body into the groove again Nik, good work and with a customer interruption, that would make me MAD!! I had left shoulder pain also, its strange I get it on HSPU but not going overhead with barbels.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott. You may be right, it may have been a confidence issue. I was real happy with the end result. I needed it. I have never been so happy with a bad time befor. But it is training and that is what we do. So it was a great workout .

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 01:31 PM

531 squat second cycle week one
3set5reps
185lbs
210lbs
240lbs for 10 reps

The squats felt good. The last set was strong till the last two reps where my knees caved in. I was fighting it, but it was going in on me.

Nik Nichols 08-26-2010 03:35 PM

Day 3 and day 4 down on K Stars blog streches

I needed to do the calf ones, after the lunges a lmost a week ago, My left calf and knee have been sore. Not any more.

I did not get my hip to the wall, but real close.

Day 4 was good, but hard to get off the floor after the 4 min on my left knee back

I have to make up the 10 min of deep squats tonight.

Nik Nichols 08-27-2010 06:30 AM

Light warm up and then

I did the Darth Shoulder mobility drills

I got 4 min and eased my hands closer together as I went. By the end of the 4 min I was 15inches from hand to hand. It is really hard on my elbows. i guess i was hyper extending a bit. but i was really good on keeping my shoulders from rolling forward.

I will do the 10min of squats next and roll at lunch.