CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 05-23-2013 07:37 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1167131]Yea, the regrip is a trick, some times I'm just about on my fingertips and regrip because it can throw off your kip rhythm if it is not quick but totally doable.

The later pull(like I said) when I get tired I tend to pull early for some reason. I figure it is my brain(monty) panicking and looking for the easy way out and trying to finish the reps as fast as possible.

Holding out and letting the kip do the work really helps when you are starting to fatigue.

Try it and see what you think, but I guess you have to be a bit fatigued to feel it. It kind of reminds me of the C2B kip, you kip harder yes but you kip hard and high and then pull the chest in.

Oh and Scott, thanks for the push I am working on getting on the bar.[/QUOTE]

Definately will be able to try it out later seeing as there's 60 chest to bar pull ups in the metcon with burpees and running, that's got to get you breathing.

I was thinking about the getting back on the bar, I think if you allowed yourself to break the barbel up more say a set of 15 into 3 x 5 it would make getting back on the bar faster much less daunting, maybe if your waiting until you have the power to get all 15 you waste 2x as much time than knocking out quick 5's with the deep breaths inbetween. 3 breaths and go, I got that from you and still use it on people I am coaching now.

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1167160]Definately will be able to try it out later seeing as there's 60 chest to bar pull ups in the metcon with burpees and running, that's got to get you breathing.

I was thinking about the getting back on the bar, I think if you allowed yourself to break the barbel up more say a set of 15 into 3 x 5 it would make getting back on the bar faster much less daunting, maybe if your waiting until you have the power to get all 15 you waste 2x as much time than knocking out quick 5's with the deep breaths inbetween. 3 breaths and go, I got that from you and still use it on people I am coaching now.[/QUOTE]

You are right, I tell myself that and don't do it. And it is exactly what you are saying, I see that big set not a rep or to so I break way to long. I will focus on that. Because I do it and even trick myself into ''just get one rep'' and do more but the daunting task gets to me.

I found that best on muscle ups, I can go singles faster then bigger sets and longer breaks, but I like the big sets better. I feel better knowing I got more reps done, mental I guess.

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 08:18 AM

10:00 break
deload daily squat
bar x3
135lbs x1
185lbs x1
235lbs x1

easy

deload dead lift

135lbs x5
185lbs x5
235lbs x5

all easy

really humid today, I got to sweating even on the little bit. right back of my knees still sore and tight, big roll before the workout.

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 10:48 AM

for time

Run 600m
20 Down Ups
20 C2B Pullups
Run 400m
15 Down Ups
15 C2B Pull-ups
Run 200m
10 Down Ups
10 C2B Pullups

time 9:57

runs were hardest, first was ok as first runs are
second run hardest as I got the 20 C2Bs in a row and was winded starting the run and took a wile to get it all under control.
last run I pushed as hard as I could.

down ups fine, first set fast, second set slower but ok, last set tough and mover as solid as I could

pullups 20 unbroken
15 was 11,3(brain fart and just came off the bar) then last one
10 unbroken

I tried to not break, I walked in from the run which was about 5 steps as a rest then I just went, in the break on the pullups it was a 3.2.1 go.

Matthew Williams 05-23-2013 11:27 AM

Great time Nik, smashed me on that one and I think by the time I left the gym, that would be the fastest time on the board

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=Matthew Williams;1167238]Great time Nik, smashed me on that one and I think by the time I left the gym, that would be the fastest time on the board[/QUOTE]

Thanks, It was all I did today really. I forgot about( did not right down) the finishers, and I am on deload this week, so I was pretty fresh for it.

Nik Nichols 05-23-2013 01:19 PM

3:00 break

romanian dead lift

135lbs x5
185lbs x5
235lbs x5

took it easy.

Rolled my back 2;00min.

Scott Jenkins 05-24-2013 01:41 AM

Got me yesterday Nik, great work mate, killing those chest to bars :highfive:

Nik Nichols 05-24-2013 05:00 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1167373]Got me yesterday Nik, great work mate, killing those chest to bars :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Finally!! What has it been a year or longer I was even close to you!! :rofl:

Scott Jenkins 05-24-2013 05:35 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1167382]Finally!! What has it been a year or longer I was even close to you!! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Not sure but it definately shows you a through that bad spell, keep it going.