CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Equipment (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hi- Temp Quality Question (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83699)

Justin Shive 08-14-2013 05:24 AM

Hi- Temp Quality Question

Just received my HiTemps from Rogue a few days ago. :cool:

Some of the plates have small chunks missing, especially the 10lb bumpers but also some of the 35lb bumpers. Also the finish is splotchy. Is this normal?

Cody Lichtenwalner 08-14-2013 05:34 AM

Re: Hi- Temp Quality Question

Chunks? I dont think so. Email rogue, they will probably ask for pictures then probably replace damaged and defective product. They have a sparkling reputation

Rob Carrillo 08-14-2013 05:48 AM

how big are the "chunks" you're referring to? might not be a bad idea to post some pics to inform other customers of potential issues. as far as the splotchy finish, are you referring to the grease / oil? if so, that goes away after time from regular use and handling; nothing to worry about.

Justin Shive 08-14-2013 05:50 AM

I will post pictures this evening after work. Thanks!

Matt Bell 08-14-2013 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=Justin Shive;1186408]Just received my HiTemps from Rogue a few days ago. :cool:

Some of the plates have small chunks missing, especially the 10lb bumpers but also some of the 35lb bumpers. Also the finish is splotchy. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Because they're molded out of recycled rubber, they're not going to be completely uniform or evenly colored like a solid rubber plate would be. I'm assuming that by 'chunks' you're just talking about some minor pitting in the surface, and not huge gaps. The splotchiness is pretty normal too, which you can see here on Fringesport's site: [url]http://www.fringesport.com/products/hi-temp-bumper-plates[/url] (WFS)

A couple of mine exhibit the things you're talking about, just like you might also notice a little varying thickness on some of them. It's best to think of a hi-temp bumper as unique piece of art that you can play with and toss around. :)

Chad Lee 08-14-2013 08:28 AM

Might now be totally relevant to this thread, but where/what company sells the cheapest set of Hi-Temp Bumpers. I'm looking for a whole set of them. I know many people sell them (rogue,again faster,fridge,etc). Anyone do research on where the cheapest place to buy a set of hi-temps are?

Cody Lichtenwalner 08-14-2013 08:45 AM

[QUOTE=Chad Lee;1186468]Might now be totally relevant to this thread, but where/what company sells the cheapest set of Hi-Temp Bumpers. I'm looking for a whole set of them. I know many people sell them (rogue,again faster,fridge,etc). Anyone do research on where the cheapest place to buy a set of hi-temps are?[/QUOTE]

Fringe was the cheapest reputable place I've seen thus far. I'm also in the market. I want just another 160lbs or so since I have 25,35,45 now.

Matt Bell 08-14-2013 09:04 AM

[QUOTE=Cody Lichtenwalner;1186471]Fringe was the cheapest reputable place I've seen thus far. I'm also in the market. I want just another 160lbs or so since I have 25,35,45 now.[/QUOTE]

That might be dependent on your shipping area. I'm seeing Rogue as cheaper.

Justin Shive 08-14-2013 09:12 AM

I'm a huge Rogue fan thanks to their excellent customer service. The price you see on the website is the price including shipping, assuming you are in the Central to East Coast area. West Coast is more expensive.

Justin Shive 08-14-2013 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=Matt Bell;1186478]That might be dependent on your shipping area. I'm seeing Rogue as cheaper.[/QUOTE]

They do seem to be the best price... you may find cheaper advertised elsewhere, but often shipping isn't included.