CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Over 50 Crossfitters Sign In (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=39289)

Mark Ervi 04-25-2009 06:38 PM

Re: Over 50 CrossFitters Sign In

Today I was out of town without my regular equipment. Went to a high school track where I was able to do

5 rounds of 10 pull-ups, 15 push-ups, run 400m
I did everything as rapidly as possible, but only timed the 400's.
I ran 2:16, 2:16, 2:15, 2:16, 2:07

Helped my father-in-law move a bunch of furniture for the remainder of the day.

I love seeing all the posts.

Love the Burpee comments. Diane, I definitely fear the burpees much less since completing the 100 burpee challenge back in January, but I was a little intimidated by those 50 in the Filthy 50's. I need to try and keep Burpees and Knees to elbows as a regular part of my warm-up or workouts. When I stray from them for awhile it is very difficult to handle many in a tough met-con.

Charles Pyke 04-25-2009 07:33 PM

Back from my trip to pick up the GHD. Long day. This toy is sweet...very heavy, commercial grade! Tried out some back and hip extensions. Then tried out some glute ham sit ups. First real time for these. OMG. Just have to have a swedish ball deflation ceremony. Ashamed to admit I bought one. It was a vain attempt to find a way to do GH sit ups on the cheap. Maybe I should try dropping bumper plates on it until it pops! :rofl:

Terry Dickman 04-26-2009 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[B]Saturday 090425[/B]
"Michael"
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
50 Back Extensions
50 Sit-ups

My Time 22:54 RX'd

Welcome Bob, great time on your work out. So how long have you been doing CF? Look forward to more of your posts. Do work out at home, affiliate or globo box?

Charlie, GHD sounds awesome. I always use one in our warm ups, it really makes a difference in the strength of your abs.

Worked out in the AM yesterday then went up to Sacramento and watched my 52 year old sister kick butt in the Senior games soccer tournament. Check out her picture I took. We went to this Brazilian BBQ place after her last game, great place for a Paleo meal. Had 7 kinds of different style BBQ meat..as much as you can eat. Today is a rest day for me.

Stephen R. Lampl 04-26-2009 01:21 PM

[I][B]090426 SUNDAY -- REST DAY.

[/B]Back home for about a week before we head off to Georgia to see the rest of my family......

[/I][B]John,

[/B]Sounds like the "Recon Ron" program is working for you. I did it for a while, but was a bit too impatient, so I switched over to the "Recon Nancy" program.....[I][COLOR=Blue][[/COLOR][/I][COLOR=Blue][I][B]Recon-Nancy Pull-Ups[/B] (unlike Recon-Ron, in my program you just do them whenever you feel like it, with no particular progression in mind.)][/I][COLOR=Black]. Nice work on the FF. I love your description of the time! Great "Rowing Michael" time too, John!

[B]Nancy,

[/B]You are not "crashing" the thread and are welcome any time! Please share with us here....

[B]Scott,

[/B]Hope the arm is doing better - - swim seems like it was just the right thing!

[B]Diane,

[/B]Nice push-up/bulgarian WOD and then the "444" workout. Sounds interesting to say the least. Great functional workout in the yard.

[B]Robert,

[/B]Welcome aboard! Nice "Michael" time too!

[B]Mark,

[/B]Great Filthy Fifty - kudos for pushing through on the burpees! I've laid off them too long - - don't know if I'd be able to get through them at the end of an FF. Nice pull-up/push-up/run WOD too!

[B]Charlie,

[/B]Glad the GHD is working out - - they are wonderful pieces of equipment.

[B]Terry,

[/B]Props on fantastic FF and Michael times! Inspiring work. Glad you got to see your sister at the games - - Anyone who can play soccer and keep up at 52 definitely does kick butt! Glad you enjoyed the BBQ too.

My Paleo Diet book is in at the book store, so looking forward to getting more ideas about healthy eating.

[B][COLOR=Navy]Hope everyone has a great Sunday![/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Mark Ervi 04-26-2009 05:35 PM

Did 5K run thru the hills of Lampasas. My time: 29:05
I think this was my best time ever on this course of one hill after another.

Charles Pyke 04-26-2009 06:37 PM

[B]2009 04 26[/B]

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Squat snatch
Chest to bar Pull-ups

Thunderstorms, rain, and strong winds all day.

[B]WU:[/B] 1500m mod effort pace
New WU which I will refer to hence forth as CWU (Charlie’s Warm Up). Consists of neck, arm, and leg mobility/rotations, various dynamic warm ups, and the finale’ 3x[burpees, graduated overhead squats, back extensions, GHD sit ups, jumping ring dips, and assisted pull ups]. Number of reps will depend on my conditioning and the anticipated WOD.

Followed CWU with Berg. WU and then practice snatches with bar, 65lb, and then 75 lbs.

WOD performed as RX’d with the following scaling:
Snatches - 75 lbs
Pull ups - Assisted with light Iron Woody band

[B]Time - 13:09.5[/B]

[B]Notes:[/B]
1. Followed own advise to scale from filthy fifties WOD
2. Progressed from medium band to light band for pull ups.
3. High rep squat snatches are more painful than PFSS’s!!

Practiced several sets of GHD sit ups during rests between sets of my wife’s SS work out. She is doing well on it, BTW. Same for her rowing interval training. Actually, she’s kicking butt on the rowing. Very proud of her.

Steve,

Welcome home, even if it is only for a week.

Terry,

Beautiful job on Michael. Your sister…wow!

Mark,

Sounds like a great run! :run:

Diane,

Garden WOD…very good. I dug a CF trench last fall. :kicking0:

As always :broc::broc::broc:

John Burch 04-26-2009 07:38 PM

:D I did more of a hang squat clean with my chest to bar pull ups today
dont have a lot of know how on the oly lifts
But good news heard today a CF GYM is opening up next month on the 15th
right here in Poter county In about 10,12 miles from my house, more info when I hear it :pepper::pepper::::kicking0::broc:

welcome back stephen Recon Nancy yess I think I might like that

m/54/184

Diane Dennis 04-27-2009 07:37 AM

[B]Sunday – 04/26[/B]
Rest Day
Played a little tennis (90 minutes). Haven’t played since last fall – pretty rusty but I had fun.

[B]Today – 04/27 – 6AM – Outdoors[/B]
3 rounds:
10 kettlebell push press (alternating arms)
35 kettlebell swings
20 Squat - jump to lunge - jump to squat - jump to lunge (alternating legs on lunges)

3 rounds:
35 kettlebell high-pulls
20 Squat jumps

3 rounds:
Step up-back lunges (onto park bench, alternating legs)
1 min plank on kettlebell
10 narrow hands push ups

[B]Mark [/B]– Great run.

[B]Terry[/B] – Your sister is amazing.

[B]Charlie[/B] – You added PFSS’s to your WU! God love ya.

Stephen R. Lampl 04-27-2009 10:03 AM

Hey Diane,

Nice inventive workout today! Glad you had fun with the tennis - - I miss it - haven't played in years.....for shame, for shame!

Okay.....I'll bite - what are PFSSs?

Charles Pyke 04-27-2009 11:17 AM

[SIZE="6"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]PFSS = Pain Filled Soul Suckers aka Burpees[/FONT][/B][/SIZE]