CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 03-01-2011 07:21 AM

Re: Nik

I got my vest with me Nik, and it says if you have one wear it, I cannot say no to this without this fella coming into my mind.... :stir:

You should do 6 rounds without the vest :rofl:

Nik Nichols 03-01-2011 07:48 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;909145]I got my vest with me Nik, and it says if you have one wear it, I cannot say no to this without this fella coming into my mind.... :stir:

You should do 6 rounds without the vest :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Can you do the MUs with the vest?

I had mine in the back of my truck and then it rained on it so I hung it in my garage to dry and there it sits. I had it in the truck all this time incase i need it and now I do and it is at home.

Scott Jenkins 03-01-2011 07:59 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;909164]Can you do the MUs with the vest?

I had mine in the back of my truck and then it rained on it so I hung it in my garage to dry and there it sits. I had it in the truck all this time incase i need it and now I do and it is at home.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have done weighted muscle ups before, not for a while though so it will be interesting.

That's bad luck with the truck, I reckon that vest probably weighed 30lb with all the water in it if you had not dried it out.

Nik Nichols 03-01-2011 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;909171]Yeah I have done weighted muscle ups before, not for a while though so it will be interesting.

That's bad luck with the truck, I reckon that vest probably weighed 30lb with all the water in it if you had not dried it out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I have it haning to dry, I may try to rig something up for it, but tieing a weight to me will be kind of janky at best, I'll see what I can do.

Scott Jenkins 03-01-2011 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;909183]Yea, I have it haning to dry, I may try to rig something up for it, but tieing a weight to me will be kind of janky at best, I'll see what I can do.[/QUOTE]

Your better off just doing it bodyweight if you've forgot the vest, the running and burpees for starts would be ridiculous with weights hanging off of you and it would make the workout stupid, just do it fast with your bodyweight and it will be a much better workout.

Nik Nichols 03-01-2011 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;909190]Your better off just doing it bodyweight if you've forgot the vest, the running and burpees for starts would be ridiculous with weights hanging off of you and it would make the workout stupid, just do it fast with your bodyweight and it will be a much better workout.[/QUOTE]

You are right. I just was setting up for the workout ( got 1 MU on first try from knees, I was taping the rings and just tried one and got it) and I tried to tie a weight to my back vest like. I got a 10pound weighrt on but the strings were cutting into my shoulders bretty bad and just walking arround and moving my shoulders arround testing it out, the weights was bouncing. It just wasn't going to work. But I tried.

Nik Nichols 03-01-2011 12:09 PM

Tuesday 110301
"McCluskey"

Three rounds of:
9 Muscle-ups
15 Burpee pull-ups
21 Pull-ups
Run 800 meters ( I ran 400's by mistake)

NO VEST

time 21:20

Ok so I got the runs wrong. I got on to a website to mesure out the run and was thinking 400m and some how I got the 800's confused.

I didn't have my vest so no vest.

MUs first round in 3s to pace, but I could have got more on the first round. Second round 3,3,2and a miss and 1. Last round 2,3,1,2,1.

God rest your soul McCluskey

Scott Jenkins 03-01-2011 01:58 PM

Great work Nik , I know you would of done the full runs if you did not do your usual not reading properly, looks like you done what I said and hit it fast.

Nik Nichols 03-01-2011 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;909369]Great work Nik , I know you would of done the full runs if you did not do your usual not reading properly, looks like you done what I said and hit it fast.[/QUOTE]

No I read it right, but in my mind I was thinking I had to mesure out a 400 on the route site and when I got ti it I mesures FOR a 400 not mesured 400 for the turn arround.

I hit it as hard as I could, the burpees had me wanting to throw up, but the runs fixed that.

Nik Nichols 03-01-2011 03:02 PM

3:00 break

deadlift 3reps each set
285lbs

305lbs(138.3k) 3x3