CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 09-07-2010 08:21 AM

Re: Nik

10:00 break, I just set up for todays workout. I have to admit, not doing any metcon for a few days has me a little worried to be hitting the intensity again today. I'm really looking forward to it.

Scott Jenkins 09-07-2010 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;839405]Oh yea. I heard a little about that, so you are in the comp, is Essix putting the team together? And there is supose to be atleast 1 girl per team right?

I need to get the box jumps down for sure, I am just SLOW. You are right, working on the pogo is key. landing and rebound is the key. I land and am not ''wound up'' for the next jump at all.

There is a link inbetween the jump on DU's and box jumps. It is the same idea, rebound, not land and rejump. But I'll be damned if I can get it together.[/QUOTE]

Yes were representing CF Essex and so far we have 2 men and 2 ladies interested in going, guess if anymore want to go we might have to try and get 2 teams together.

Only trouble with relating the jumps to double unders is the massive difference in height you get, worth thinking about still for tonight as I land on the benches.

Nik Nichols 09-07-2010 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;839417]Yes were representing CF Essex and so far we have 2 men and 2 ladies interested in going, guess if anymore want to go we might have to try and get 2 teams together.

Only trouble with relating the jumps to double unders is the massive difference in height you get, worth thinking about still for tonight as I land on the benches.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the height difference is it on the jumps, but it has to be the same idea on rebounding instead of landing and rejumping.

Ok so it is 4 person teams, I couldnt remember if it was 4 or 6 man.

Laurie Smith 09-07-2010 08:56 AM

Welcome back Nik!!

Nik Nichols 09-07-2010 11:05 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;839428]Welcome back Nik!![/QUOTE]

Thanks, So have you been killing it? Aren't you doing oly now? How is that going?

Nik Nichols 09-07-2010 11:07 AM

Five rounds for time of:
Row 250 meters
135 pound Front squat, 10 reps
15 GHD Sit-ups
20 Box jumps, 24 inch box

SUB 25 reps sumo deadlift high pull for row.

time 29:49

That was slow. It was a breathing thing for me. I needed this.

sumos were ok, broke after 3rd round. FS ok broke on 3rd round
GHD's unbroken and easy
box jumps slow as always.

Laurie Smith 09-07-2010 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;839486]Thanks, So have you been killing it? Aren't you doing oly now? How is that going?[/QUOTE]

You'll be surprised to hear this but I've been taking more rest days. :shrug:

Scott Jenkins 09-07-2010 01:03 PM

That's a welcome back breathing WOD for you Nik, nice work on getting as many front squats unbroken as you did, they was hard after the sumo's. We need box jump therapy.

Nik Nichols 09-07-2010 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;839529]That's a welcome back breathing WOD for you Nik, nice work on getting as many front squats unbroken as you did, they was hard after the sumo's. We need box jump therapy.[/QUOTE]

Aint that the truth. I am going to watch some videos when I can and see if I can figure it out.

Shane Atkinson 09-07-2010 05:14 PM

Great job on this Nik. I'll be sucking up the SDLHPs here soon. Great work the whole way through!