CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Ernie Guevara 12-03-2009 01:11 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;705224]Complete three rounds for time of:
Run 800m
155 pound Power cleans, 21 reps
time 26:59

Runs were slow, Cleans were ok, I got the first 6 each round, pushed for 5's after that ,got some broke others. 10 to 15 sec breaks. 155lbsd was a tough weight after a wile.[/QUOTE]

Good job getting it done rxd nik! What did u feel was tougher, the run or power clean? Now I'm getting scared lol. I get to do it tomorrow afternoon.

Scott Jenkins 12-03-2009 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;705224]Complete three rounds for time of:
Run 800m
155 pound Power cleans, 21 reps
time 26:59

Runs were slow, Cleans were ok, I got the first 6 each round, pushed for 5's after that ,got some broke others. 10 to 15 sec breaks. 155lbsd was a tough weight after a wile.[/QUOTE]

Good work Nik, hope to kept to the 3-2-1 go for this one, I was trying to keep my cleans to 2 minutes per round so had to get 11 done by 1 minute which helped me keep speed up. Must of been real hard for you with it only just less than your BW, like me using 180lb!!

Nik Nichols 12-03-2009 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;705269]Good job getting it done rxd nik! What did u feel was tougher, the run or power clean? Now I'm getting scared lol. I get to do it tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]
Cleans were hard, but not imposible. I would rest 2 breathe in the rack, and one breath with it at my waist, then tuch and go. I'd go for 6 then try for 5's after that. I missed one rep. Runs were easier, just slow. I was breathless so starting the runs was tough and slow, I'd pick it up on the run. It was good Ernie, you should be fine, even at my 27 min, it went fast. or seemd it.

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;705270]Good work Nik, hope to kept to the 3-2-1 go for this one, I was trying to keep my cleans to 2 minutes per round so had to get 11 done by 1 minute which helped me keep speed up. Must of been real hard for you with it only just less than your BW, like me using 180lb!![/QUOTE]

Scott you killed it.

You are right it would probably be like you doing 180lbs. It did slow me down, I got more then one rep at a time, that was what I was afraid of getting to one at a time. So it was good.

I know I'm doing more by BW ratio, but at the sectionals and qualifiers it won't matter. But I'm real happy with the cleans. And thanks for noticing the difference in it and my weight. I looked at the WOD last night and thought it said 165lbs. I was worried.
I was real happy with it, it was fun.

Nik Nichols 12-03-2009 02:32 PM

3:00 break

Yea Brady and I just stood arround and talked about the workout,

I did do 3 MU's though.

Laurie Smith 12-04-2009 10:11 AM

Nice work Nic...I can't imagine trying to clean 155.....yet. :D

Nik Nichols 12-04-2009 03:56 PM

Row 1000 meters
Then three rounds, 21, 15, and 9 reps of:
GHD Situps
Back Extensions

Time 8:49. Nice rest day

Nik Nichols 12-04-2009 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;705698]Nice work Nic...I can't imagine trying to clean 155.....yet. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks, 155 is more then you weigh, That would be double tough!!

Scott Jenkins 12-05-2009 02:26 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;705940]Row 1000 meters
Then three rounds, 21, 15, and 9 reps of:
GHD Situps
Back Extensions

Time 8:49. Nice rest day[/QUOTE]

Yes definately like a rest day and now we know why. Will you be honouring the Lumberjack workout today Nik?

Nik Nichols 12-05-2009 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;706098]Yes definately like a rest day and now we know why. Will you be honouring the Lumberjack workout today Nik?[/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask, I didn't know, I wasn't even going to get on line today. I have Martin today, well I have him everyday, but I have to take him with me to do the workout. I can't run from the shop with him there, so I will jump rope for 2 min ro make up for the run's.
I was up a bit late with Cathy and we had a few Emmets Irish creams. I kept trying to make excuses in my head, but it all felt hollow.

I will do it, I don't care how I get it done, I don't care what I have to do, I will get it done. I may not even time it. This WOD is on a different level. It will be for honor only.

You doing it?

Scott Jenkins 12-05-2009 09:34 AM

Doing it tomorrow Nik, like you it will be very difficult with the equipment stationed all around the gym so I will start the timer and just hope people flow nicely and do not get in the way too much.

Yes hitting it hard for honour tomorrow Nik.