CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-03-2009 07:51 AM

Re: Nik

For time:
Run 800 meters
15 left-legged pistols
15 right-legged pistols
25 sit-ups
12 left-legged pistols
12 right-legged pistols
25 sit-ups
9 right-legged pistols
9 left legged pistols
25 sit-ups
Run 800 meters

time 24:48

Pistols were to a bench. I worked on depth and I thought that was good for me seeing I have only done pistols once and held on to somthing. After first round I got better at it and could have gone lower. Next time.
The weight at 55lbs really didn't make it harder. As for form, h*ll I don't know. I was alternating from foot to foot, one leg up one leg down, ''up leg foot never touch the ground till I stood up, the rest I have no idea. Lower back is sore, not pulled, but really taxed from it.

Runs were good, not super fast, but I didn't do the ''high stepping walk'' I ran it all.

Situps unanckored and thumbs to chest Camille style.

Scott Jenkins 10-03-2009 08:03 AM

Great work there Nik, good idea with the bench there so you dont fall backwards also. The weight probably helped with the balance also. WAs thinking about your high stepping walk when I did the half BW challenge last week and I was running in a 'Floaty Low Stridin Run'!

Jesse Emers 10-03-2009 08:27 AM

Nice job on a sweet looking WOD Nick! I'm looking forward to this one.

Laurie Smith 10-03-2009 11:40 AM

This was a great one! My first time doing pistols too. I used db and just put in on top of my shoulder so I didn't have to do anything but hold it in place. I don't know about you but my legs were total jello on that last run. Nice job!!

Nik Nichols 10-04-2009 06:26 AM

thank everyone, well I have bad news, I pulled my back really bad yesterday. I was working on my fence, we are putting up 8 foot wood pannels. We had a section on he ground, I grabbed one coner with my rigt hand and was spinning the section in place, and bam, pulled it.

The pull is on my left side middle of my back. I have been streching and rolling. The spasums havent hit today, but it is hard to move. I will keep you all posted. but I will not be workoing out for a wile. I will see how it goes.:yikes:

Scott Jenkins 10-04-2009 06:34 AM

Really sorry to hear this Nik. Sounds like its in a place thats not spine related so it should heal quickly as long as you ice it thoroughly and rest it up. Dont go mad with the foam roller for a day as new injuries can reactly badly at first just concentrate on ice and rest. Hope it gets better quickly Nik I totally understand how you feel.

Laurie Smith 10-04-2009 11:29 AM

Ouch, hope you feel better soon!!:(

Jesse Emers 10-04-2009 01:28 PM

Sorry to hear about that Nik, really sucks. Keep us posted.

Greg Privitera 10-04-2009 02:05 PM

Damn dude sorry. I've dealt with a pretty bad back injury in the past, and can give you more advice in the near future.

For now:

Don't stretch it. And don't do anything that hurts.

Edit:

Definitely not your fault, but I don't think it's that much of a coincidence that it was a day after pistols. I think people need to be really careful with these and lower back position.

Ernie Guevara 10-04-2009 02:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your back nik. Get well soon and pumping out pr's like before!