CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-15-2009 05:00 AM

Re: Nik

Thanks Scott, with Martin I didn't have the time to total it up. It puts a heavier feel to the WOD when you max like this. It doesn't feel so ''cheap'' like you did a real work out instead of ''just a max''.

Anyway. I'm glad for the rest day. I am delightfully sore and beatup from the last cycle.
Martin, my dad, and myself are going fishing again this morning, I can't wait for them to wake up so we can go.

Scott Jenkins 08-15-2009 06:13 AM

Have a great days fishing Nik, I am spending today resting also as I feel really bad from last nights drinking and dancing.

Nik Nichols 08-15-2009 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;644836]Have a great days fishing Nik, I am spending today resting also as I feel really bad from last nights drinking and dancing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, we had a blast. It is good to get out with the both of them.

By your log it sounds like it was a great night, and well earned!!

Nik Nichols 08-15-2009 09:18 PM

Well I'll be taking Martin with me in the morning for ''Ryan'' I hope it goes well for the 5 rounds. He demands alot of my time. On a max that is fine, it isn't timed. Tomarrow will be a trick to stay on time. But what ever it take to get it done.

The last time I did this I did ''assisted'' muscleups, or the progression. This time will be a lot harder. I am still doing the MU from a standing position. Still not from a hang. I have been working on the false grip and pulling myself up to it fore a proper MU, but it still need work.

Nik Nichols 08-16-2009 07:30 AM

"Ryan"

Five rounds for time of:
7 Muscle-ups
21 Burpees
Time hahahaha 56:21

I missed/ failed at 19 reps on MU's, at what point do you see your self as stubborn for still going through a WOD even though there is mo Metcon in it. The first 2/3 rounds were ok, I only missed like 4 or 5 reps, 3,4,5. I lost it.

Looking forward to Monday.

Jesse Emers 08-16-2009 07:56 AM

Nik your awesome as hell. Don't worry about that time. Its awesome that you finished the workout RX. Your MU times are going to start to skyrocket soon.

Scott Jenkins 08-16-2009 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;645209]"Ryan"

Five rounds for time of:
7 Muscle-ups
21 Burpees
Time hahahaha 56:21

I missed/ failed at 19 reps on MU's, at what point do you see your self as stubborn for still going through a WOD even though there is mo Metcon in it. The first 2/3 rounds were ok, I only missed like 4 or 5 reps, 3,4,5. I lost it.

Looking forward to Monday.[/QUOTE]

Nik I have one word for you after that workout, Legend!!!!

Bet that felt fantastic after such a battle :highfive:

Nik Nichols 08-16-2009 11:52 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;645218]Nik your awesome as hell. Don't worry about that time. Its awesome that you finished the workout RX. Your MU times are going to start to skyrocket soon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, really. It was tough. It got to a point that I didn't care about anything else but finishing it. Shoulder and elbows are good. My right wrist has a nice fat blister that didn't pop during the worout.

Funny enough that this workout is an improvement from last time. I used bands and did bar MU's.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;645263]Nik I have one word for you after that workout, Legend!!!!

Bet that felt fantastic after such a battle :highfive:[/QUOTE]

Yea, the sense of satisfaction was good. It was good to get it done finally. I turned my stop watch over so I couldn't see my time. Antthing to get it done.

Brad Rasmussen 08-16-2009 03:11 PM

Yea, the sense of satisfaction was good. It was good to get it done finally. I turned my stop watch over so I couldn't see my time. Antthing to get it done.[/QUOTE]

I've done that many times myself. In fact there's been times where I don't even time myself. Sometimes it's nice not to have to chase the clock.

Brady Herrin 08-16-2009 03:12 PM

:holysheep:

That's so rad! Nice work.