CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-06-2009 12:57 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;638950]You managed to get up your slippery rope 9 times then Nik, did it get dicey towards the end as sometimes you can go so far up a rope and leave no energy or grip power to get back down. We are definately going to feel it in the stomach in the morning.[/QUOTE]

Yea, there waas a few times it got worrysome at the top. The tip of my ring finget is numb. I'm a little bummed, I have done this one faster. I felt good today, it felt good, I guess I was just slow.
[QUOTE=Nick Harris;638970]Oh man! You beat me by 6 seconds! Great job! I thought that WOD was a killer too. Burpees & 400 m run smoked me![/QUOTE]

HAHAHA 6 seconds is enough!! Good job on it. Sub like Scott, towl pullups, that is the closest you will get. It is a leathel workout, but affective.

Nik Nichols 08-06-2009 01:15 PM

3:00 break
SP
1x1x1x1x1x1x1 125lbs 10lbs off my max, look out SP max!

Jesse Emers 08-06-2009 02:44 PM

Awesome job on the L-pullup workout Nik. Nice presses too, definitely smell a PR coming!

Nik Nichols 08-06-2009 03:10 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;639093]Awesome job on the L-pullup workout Nik. Nice presses too, definitely smell a PR coming![/QUOTE]

Thanks, i have done the pullup WOD faster, I was let down on that one. But I'm ready for the SP max.

Nik Nichols 08-07-2009 05:57 AM

Rest day. Glad for it. I will be changing breaks on my 240 with my youngest son this morning.

On another note. My metcon has been really lacking. I have been kind of slacking, my times are getting slower. I have realized I am breaking longer then I use to. I use to only give myself the''3.2.1.go'' rest. But now it is longer. I don't know how it slipped to longer breaks, it wasnt a choise. It just snuck up on me. Next metcon I will really try for better.
I feel like I'm pushing hard, it is not like I'm not trying or taking it easy. I'm just not pushing as hard as I was. This will change!!

Scott Jenkins 08-07-2009 06:07 AM

Thats why you should get yourself in a class workout, you only have to take a 3-2-1 break and someone will shout 'Get back to the bar'!!! You remember when we said about how taking some water or chalking your hands was 'Montys' way of making you take a not needed or longer break.

Death to Monty!!! :evilsmile

Ernie Guevara 08-07-2009 06:12 AM

I agree with the monty comment! I remember when i use to let him do that to me. He would say "come on just take a water break and you'll feel better when you come back". And i would listen and lose extra time on metcons. Now i hear him talking but give him the finger and stay right infront of the bar for a couple of deep breaths and get back on. Monty's a jerk!:ranting2:

Nick Harris 08-07-2009 07:38 AM

Awesome comments Scott & Ernie! I am right there with Nik and others when that inner voice tells me to stop for a second to catch my breathe and it will be much better. :ranting2:

Rachel Y. B. Lindsay 08-07-2009 09:39 AM

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Huh. I get no inner voice. It's more like an inner sok in the jaw, and it usually knocks me right down for awhile. :rolleyes:[/SIZE][/FONT]

Nik Nichols 08-07-2009 12:47 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;639441]Thats why you should get yourself in a class workout, you only have to take a 3-2-1 break and someone will shout 'Get back to the bar'!!! You remember when we said about how taking some water or chalking your hands was 'Montys' way of making you take a not needed or longer break.

Death to Monty!!! :evilsmile[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;639447]I agree with the monty comment! I remember when i use to let him do that to me. He would say "come on just take a water break and you'll feel better when you come back". And i would listen and lose extra time on metcons. Now i hear him talking but give him the finger and stay right infront of the bar for a couple of deep breaths and get back on. Monty's a jerk!:ranting2:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;639502]Awesome comments Scott & Ernie! I am right there with Nik and others when that inner voice tells me to stop for a second to catch my breathe and it will be much better. :ranting2:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Rachel Y. B. Lindsay;639598][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Huh. I get no inner voice. It's more like an inner sok in the jaw, and it usually knocks me right down for awhile. :rolleyes:[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks all. Scott Ernie you are right, Monty has snuck back up on me, I don't know how, but he did. This I promice will stop.

Nick,I will fight him back off.

Rachel I am with you, it is mostly breathlessness that gets me. I will regain it back.