CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 05-27-2009 06:55 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;596357]I havent held an handstand for long enough to think about rolling out of one, I have fell sideways many times though.

Good to see the form is back with the deadlift Nik.[/QUOTE]

no where near back, what I have figured out is the arthritus in my back is part of the problem. Now, I wake up sore and stiff in my lower back at the hips every day. Some days worse than others. After a light set of front squats (the bar)which it take me like 5 or 6 trys to get my butt all the way down my back will start to loosen up.
Then I can rep through the pain in full range or motion. Then it usually goes away or only hurts a little. Then my 10:00 break takes care of it .

Well when I deadlift, it put pressure on the spot where my arthritus is and I think, like you Scott, that I tried to protect it by changing form. But it is the wrong form. It will be a wile till I get it worked out completely. But now I know what I am doing wrong. Now it is building it all back up.

Nik Nichols 05-27-2009 08:18 AM

10:00 break
clean progressions with bar, 10 reps

105lbs.

5 squat cleans and jerk
5 squat snaches
5 hanging power clean and jerk
5 power snaches.

all the time I had.

Brady Herrin 05-27-2009 08:20 AM

And 1 attempted hangin power snatch :)

Nik Nichols 05-27-2009 10:54 AM

muscle up progressions
105 lbs 5 reps shoulder press(right shoulder joint felt wierd so I stopped)
50 double under attempts
10 ea arm one arm negitive pullups
a buddy of mine and I have a game. Every two in a row dead hang chest to bar pullups he does, I will do 5 wide grip dead hang C2B. we did two rounds and I was showing him the kip. I did some inverted grip, just messing arround on the bar.

10 ring dips
climbed the rope just to do it.

Nik Nichols 05-27-2009 01:18 PM

3:00 break
5 squat clean and jerks 105lbs
5 squat snaches.

Then I got to talking.

Scott Jenkins 05-28-2009 04:36 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;596368]no where near back, what I have figured out is the arthritus in my back is part of the problem. Now, I wake up sore and stiff in my lower back at the hips every day. Some days worse than others. After a light set of front squats (the bar)which it take me like 5 or 6 trys to get my butt all the way down my back will start to loosen up.
Then I can rep through the pain in full range or motion. Then it usually goes away or only hurts a little. Then my 10:00 break takes care of it .

Well when I deadlift, it put pressure on the spot where my arthritus is and I think, like you Scott, that I tried to protect it by changing form. But it is the wrong form. It will be a wile till I get it worked out completely. But now I know what I am doing wrong. Now it is building it all back up.[/QUOTE]

My backs slightly annoying today, little tiny pains every now and then for no reason , just leaning over to read my paper or something. With deadlift I found myself reaching down while trying to keep my body upright as possible, which also meant my shoulders were forward and active. Then again I have seen some real bad form in some of the qualifier videos, proper bouncing up and down with an arched back, that made me quiver.

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 05:40 AM

Sorry to hear about you back, you good for ther thruster WOD? I skipped last time in January, that is when I had bad back problems. I'm sore today like always, I'll go front squat in a bit to loosen up, but I think I'll be on for today.

Is jerking a no no for this lift?

Scott Jenkins 05-28-2009 05:43 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;597130]Sorry to hear about you back, you good for ther thruster WOD? I skipped last time in January, that is when I had bad back problems. I'm sore today like always, I'll go front squat in a bit to loosen up, but I think I'll be on for today.

Is jerking a no no for this lift?[/QUOTE]

Yes I am good to go Nik, I have had these minor pains for the last 10 months, not a worry. I too have to do a lot of stretching to get the squat deep enough.

I would say that a jerk is not allowed with the thruster as it should be one movement from squat to explode at the top then push out if necessary. My current PR for this is 85k/187lb.

Nik Nichols 05-28-2009 05:51 AM

Yea, I figured, I read on Patrick's blog about the qualifier that he was suprised the women weren't jerking on their thrusters.

I never had jerked a thruster. I also never kipped a dip, and I saw a lot of it in the qualifiers. Not that I see anything worg with it. A lot of times I find I'm doing things the hard way. Just trying to clarify movement. NO jerk.

Ernie Guevara 05-28-2009 05:57 AM

Yeah NIk no jerk on the thrusters. It ends up being a front squat with a push press action when it starts getting real heavy lol. I believe i did between 185-195 last time. I'm gonna check my records lol.

Hey i actually finished barbara. I hadn't completed it the previous 2 times it came up cuz of pukie. But i whipped her a$$ yesterday lol.