CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Community (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Coach, Lynne, shed some light please... (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=19379)

James Mathers 05-14-2007 01:25 AM

I'm relatively new to CrossFit and I love it. One thing I have noticed though. In my gym on base I've been seen doing my WOD's. I've also been seen (proudly) wearing my Infidel shirt. I've noticed a lot of people admiring the intensity of the work I do. All this is great.
What's not great to me is the glaring and cat calls I hear from a certain someones "disciples". Now I'm not certain that they are closely affiliated with this man or his organization, but it seems there is a bit of animosity from that crowd toward the CF crowd. If someone could fill me in so I don't make a fool of myself it'd be appreciated. Thanks.

James Mathers 05-14-2007 01:53 AM

You know what. I just searched through Pukies bucket and I know why i don't want to get into this now. Please forget that I posted this and lets be on our merry, shall we.
For the record, not that it matters.
*I still love CrossFit.

*300 is an amazing movie, regardless of the character of certain idividuals involved.

*I will continue my WOD's with my Infidel shirt and lot's and lot's of chalk.

*I'm tougher than those disciples any day.And lastly, this post is ready for Pukies bucket, or the trash for all I care.

Thank you for all that you do,
Mike Mathers, SrA, USAF Combat Mobility

James Mathers 05-14-2007 03:10 AM

Oh, and in regards to the whole military issue/complaint. I heard about CrossFit from a USAF Combat Controller. That's right. US Special Forces whole heartedly endorsed and recommended CrossFit to me. To the point that he promised results. If it's good enough for USAF Spec Ops, it's more than good enough for me.
///END RANT///

Jason Steele 05-14-2007 04:20 PM

James-

Maybe you should cut back on the sugar?

Barry Cooper 05-14-2007 05:53 PM

You know, the first rule of Italian driving is "if it's behind you, it doesn't matter."

'Nuff said. (just saw Spidey last night--everybody catch the Stan Lee cameo?)

David Cynamon 05-14-2007 07:10 PM

what is the message/meaning behind the infidel shirt?

(Message edited by dtsm on May 14, 2007)

Tim McFarland 05-14-2007 08:06 PM

Barry - so did I, and yes I did. He shows up briefly in all the Marvel movies, which I think is cool.

James Mathers 05-14-2007 08:50 PM

The infidel shirt is a crossfit shirt.

And this thread can go to the bucket.

Sorry I brought it up.

David Cynamon 05-15-2007 07:24 PM

could you give a bit more explanation about the infidel shirt, I see it being sold at the crossfit store and see it in the pictures and videos.

I'll give my best guess, though it's probably way off the mark:
The Islamic terrorists call non-believers infidels-namely Americans and western civilization-by wearing the shirt, we're making ourselves a target with a challenge-"you want to destroy all of the infidels-try and destroy me"

now that I have probably made a major mistake, someone will hopefully answer me and set me straight.

David Cynamon 05-15-2007 08:03 PM

I'll take another try at it:
Infidel means "non-believer". Crossfitters don't believe in the effectiveness of the typical workout program/nutrition recommendations.