CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 10-10-2010 05:25 PM

Re: Nik

Oh man, does anyone else have doms from the handstand walking? My praps, neck mid back are really sore now. Shoulders to but not as bad.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 06:24 AM

"Tabata This!"

Tabata Row
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Squat
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Pull-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Push-up
Rest 1 minute
Tabata Sit-up
row was sumo woth 45lbs bar.

pullups fell apartafter round 5, my shoulders just died out.
pushups the same, I had a solid 11reps till round 4.

I didn't even compare, I know it isn't a pr, still a good way to wake up.

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 06:48 AM

Solid work in the morning , must of really woke you up. Pull ups sound scary if they broke down for you, did you game it at all or go all out from the start?

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853905]Solid work in the morning , must of really woke you up. Pull ups sound scary if they broke down for you, did you game it at all or go all out from the start?[/QUOTE]

No gaming. I want all out, it is 20 secons work, so any gaming I feel like I loose. I know I will slow down, but if I set my reps as high as I can then I have a better target then starting with a manageable set of reps.

My pullups went because of the handstand walk. I am still feeling it today. My shoulders are tired. It was the most I have been on my hamds and doing something ''new'' and different killes the muscles. I bet you have a better go at the pullups.

Ernie Guevara 10-11-2010 07:21 AM

That's still a good score for being all sore and eat up nik! Great job bud!

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 07:28 AM

Yeah that is a lot of handwalking Nik, I was quite impressed/shocked that you got the full 100m done, I did not even imagine I would complete it and didnt. Last time on this I got a score of 6 for the pull ups so would be very happy to match yours. Not sure what I will do about the row, probably sumo like yourself.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 07:36 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;853919]That's still a good score for being all sore and eat up nik! Great job bud![/QUOTE]
Thanks Ernie, It wasn't to bad seeing I didn't have any 1.5''POOF'' KB swings!!;)
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853920]Yeah that is a lot of handwalking Nik, I was quite impressed/shocked that you got the full 100m done, I did not even imagine I would complete it and didnt. Last time on this I got a score of 6 for the pull ups so would be very happy to match yours. Not sure what I will do about the row, probably sumo like yourself.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was a bit suprised at your negitive forward motion on the handstand walk. At least if I got a step it was forward. I would have stopped too if i took two steps and ended up tarther back.

I though about it off and on this weekend. How does that work?

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853926]Thanks Ernie, It wasn't to bad seeing I didn't have any 1.5''POOF'' KB swings!!;)

Yea, I was a bit suprised at your negitive forward motion on the handstand walk. At least if I got a step it was forward. I would have stopped too if i took two steps and ended up tarther back.

I though about it off and on this weekend. How does that work?[/QUOTE]

Loving the 1.5 'Poof' quote Nik, Ernie's not mentioned that :p

When I kick up and only get two hand paces my feet usually come down behind me and are level to where my hands started and main page stated you have to go back to where your furthest bodypart lands. Also I tend to start handwalking forwards then go backwards when I lose balance and sometimes get two paces forward 3 back and so on.

Nik Nichols 10-11-2010 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;853946]Loving the 1.5 'Poof' quote Nik, Ernie's not mentioned that :p

When I kick up and only get two hand paces my feet usually come down behind me and are level to where my hands started and main page stated you have to go back to where your furthest bodypart lands. Also I tend to start handwalking forwards then go backwards when I lose balance and sometimes get two paces forward 3 back and so on.[/QUOTE]

Ok well I may have ''cheated'' it then. I read the workout and started with my FEET at the furthest point. So when I would fall back down, which was always backwards back on my feet, I would start with me feet there not kick up and start with me hands where my feet landed. That explanes it.

That and your step back. I always went forward of no where, I don't know if I just dropped if I lost ballence back or it just didn't happen to get steps backwards.

Scott Jenkins 10-11-2010 09:06 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;853951]Ok well I may have ''cheated'' it then. I read the workout and started with my FEET at the furthest point. So when I would fall back down, which was always backwards back on my feet, I would start with me feet there not kick up and start with me hands where my feet landed. That explanes it.

That and your step back. I always went forward of no where, I don't know if I just dropped if I lost ballence back or it just didn't happen to get steps backwards.[/QUOTE]

Thats still a lot of work even without the back to feet rule, not many people even attempted that one. I could of probably just gone back down but got fed up with kicking back up so would hold onto the handstand whichever direction I went in until I fell.