CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-29-2010 06:44 PM

Re: Nik

on Mondays workout, the tirkish get up thing. That is 21left arm, 21 right arm 15 right AND left, 9 right and left right?

Shane Atkinson 08-29-2010 08:38 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;835509]on Mondays workout, the tirkish get up thing. That is 21left arm, 21 right arm 15 right AND left, 9 right and left right?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was tracking from my research into it. Are we suppose to do the Sotts Press after the rotation of get ups is my question.

Shane Atkinson 08-29-2010 08:39 PM

Oh and Nik, just wanted to say thanks for the words in my log. Hits home, and I appreciate it.

Scott Jenkins 08-30-2010 12:19 AM

Nice work on the back squats Nik and sounds like your back and everything is strong right now which is the most important thing.

I read the workout as 21 TGU's in total for the first round, using your arms alternately for every rep, there is no way that guy could get 6 minutes something doing 42 in the first round.

Nik Nichols 08-30-2010 06:03 AM

[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;835554]Thats what I was tracking from my research into it. Are we suppose to do the Sotts Press after the rotation of get ups is my question.[/QUOTE]

It looks like the sotts press is in the reps. after the 21reps of turkish get up, 21 reps of sotts press and so on.

[QUOTE=Shane Atkinson;835556]Oh and Nik, just wanted to say thanks for the words in my log. Hits home, and I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
Eh we all need a kick in the pants sometimes. Glad it helped.
[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;835602]Nice work on the back squats Nik and sounds like your back and everything is strong right now which is the most important thing.

I read the workout as 21 TGU's in total for the first round, using your arms alternately for every rep, there is no way that guy could get 6 minutes something doing 42 in the first round.[/QUOTE]

Yea, Squats felt pretty good, even though I didn't pr I had better form. I had some notes from the last time I squated, and even then I was still working on good depth. So I am totally happy with the squats.

So we turkish get up then sotts press the samw reps. 21 TGU 21 presses. What the heck are we supose to press with? Is that 1 handed squat press?

Nik Nichols 08-30-2010 06:51 AM

A.M. warm up
30 reps each
OHS's with bar
abmatt situps with 45lbs plate overhead
back ext 40lbs
GHD's

Marianne Urbanski 08-30-2010 07:36 AM

today's WOD looks interesting, nik.. I don't know Scotts press (or whatever that is.... ) I have a hard enough time doing turkish get ups with KB, never mind a bar bell!! good luck with that!

Nik Nichols 08-30-2010 08:26 AM

[QUOTE=Marianne Urbanski;835720]today's WOD looks interesting, nik.. I don't know Scotts press (or whatever that is.... ) I have a hard enough time doing turkish get ups with KB, never mind a bar bell!! good luck with that![/QUOTE]

The press is the thing. It will be tough.

Nik Nichols 08-30-2010 08:28 AM

10:00 break
30 ring dips, 12, then little bites after that.
30 C2B pullups in a row

I did Saturdays shoulder mobility work, it was wierd and hard to hang on to the bar. 4 min full squat easy.

Nik Nichols 08-30-2010 11:05 AM

With a 45 pound barbell, 21-15- and 9 reps for time of:
Turkish Get-ups, alternating arms
Sotts press

time 18:17

It was fun, Shoulders were wrecked.

First set of TGU's were awkward, I didn't even try one or the sotts press. I just warmed up and started with it. First set of presses were awkward, I broke at 11reps I think, for a 321go.

Second round better on buth, I really got the hang for the presses the second round. broke once.
last round was funny. non stop but it took my 3 trys to get off the floor on the 9th rep. Shoulder was done and I couldn't balance it.
presses were the best on last round. fast and unbroken.

Alot of my TGUs were controlled crashes coming down. But it was good.

I don't know how my time will stack up, but I know the weighted situps in the morning was a help today.