CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 08-18-2009 11:09 AM

Re: Nik

Fantastic strength and metcon today Nik, your buzzing my friend , your going to enjoy everything you do for the rest of the day now. :highfive:

Leon Robotham 08-18-2009 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;646596]Push Press 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps.

warm up was a mish mash. GHD situps squats pullups exc 30 reps all. oh the pullups were 30 c2b in a row, just to see If I could today.

WOD
1. 170lbs
2. 170lbs
3. 175lbs
4. 175lbs
5. 180lbs
6. 185lbs
7. 190lbs

then the CFNEE ''Welcome''
21-15-9
Swings 2 1.5 pood(50lbs)
Burpees
Ring Dips

time 7:18

Knowing I had to beat 8 min. was a huge push. I didn't look at the clock, but I knew I had to go hard to beat it. I went hard all sets unbroken except the ring dips. They were death, I got wore out, I wanted to keep going for intensity, but could barely get more then a few at a time, took two breaths and went again. Faster then the ''3,2,1, go break time.''

Thank you Leon!!

Oh and that is the most I ever PPed. Great day, I'm on a high!![/QUOTE]

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. ABSOLUTELY BANGING DAY MATE!:pepper::highfive:

No problem at all.

Greg Privitera 08-18-2009 01:07 PM

Good workout.

30 c2b in a row??

Nik Nichols 08-18-2009 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=Greg Privitera;646714]Good workout.

30 c2b in a row??[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yes in a row, I kind of just wanted to get the 30 reps done for the warm up so I didn't have to come back to it.

3:00 break Deadlift 3 set of 5 reps 275lbs.

So i will b taking a rest day tomarrow.

Brad Rasmussen 08-18-2009 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;646596]Push Press 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps.

warm up was a mish mash. GHD situps squats pullups exc 30 reps all. oh the pullups were 30 c2b in a row, just to see If I could today.

WOD
1. 170lbs
2. 170lbs
3. 175lbs
4. 175lbs
5. 180lbs
6. 185lbs
7. 190lbs

then the CFNEE ''Welcome''
21-15-9
Swings 2 1.5 pood(50lbs)
Burpees
Ring Dips

time 7:18

Knowing I had to beat 8 min. was a huge push. I didn't look at the clock, but I knew I had to go hard to beat it. I went hard all sets unbroken except the ring dips. They were death, I got wore out, I wanted to keep going for intensity, but could barely get more then a few at a time, took two breaths and went again. Faster then the ''3,2,1, go break time.''

Thank you Leon!!

Oh and that is the most I ever PPed. Great day, I'm on a high!![/QUOTE]

Geez, you're a beast!! Those PP's are awsome, but 30 c2b's??? I'm just hoping to hit 20 deadhangs someday. Guess I'll just have to keep chasin' ya. That metcon looks like a killer, gonna have to give it a whirl sometime. Nice job.

Nik Nichols 08-18-2009 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=Brad Rasmussen;646845]Geez, you're a beast!! Those PP's are awsome, but 30 c2b's??? I'm just hoping to hit 20 deadhangs someday. Guess I'll just have to keep chasin' ya. That metcon looks like a killer, gonna have to give it a whirl sometime. Nice job.[/QUOTE]

Thanks bud. 20 dead hang is tough enough. My 30 were kip not dead.

You should try the metcon it is really cool, just push for sub 8 min. It is all about the intenisity. I got it from Leon and his gym.

Jesse Emers 08-18-2009 08:09 PM

Nik thats some sick work you did today! Your pullup and PP numbers are looking really good. That metcon was a killer, similar feeling to Fran.

Brad Rasmussen 08-19-2009 07:19 PM

Hey Nik, HQ must have been listening when you told me that wall balls were on of your least favorites. So they gave us 150 of em for tomorrow.You'll be going for a pr, right?;)

Nik Nichols 08-19-2009 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=Brad Rasmussen;647741]Hey Nik, HQ must have been listening when you told me that wall balls were on of your least favorites. So they gave us 150 of em for tomorrow.You'll be going for a pr, right?;)[/QUOTE]

Hey, You just had to rub it in!!:rofl: I havent done this one yet, i looked through the last time it was done to get an idea of how long it takes. I hav a 16 lbs ball full of kitty litter that leaks on you. It sucks big time. I will be taping the heck out of it for tomarrow.

Honestly I'm not really impressed with it. It will be tiring yes, and a mental push to get it done, but I want more.(we all know I hate them anyway) I hope to get ot done at first break and have lunch for more. Maybe squats. Maybe I'll video pullup attempt.

What do you think will you be hitting it?

Brad Rasmussen 08-19-2009 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;647745]Hey, You just had to rub it in!!:rofl: I havent done this one yet, i looked through the last time it was done to get an idea of how long it takes. I hav a 16 lbs ball full of kitty litter that leaks on you. It sucks big time. I will be taping the heck out of it for tomarrow.

Honestly I'm not really impressed with it. It will be tiring yes, and a mental push to get it done, but I want more.(we all know I hate them anyway) I hope to get ot done at first break and have lunch for more. Maybe squats. Maybe I'll video pullup attempt.

What do you think will you be hitting it?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try to finish it in around 8 minutes. Last time i got 9 something.