CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 08-10-2009 01:04 PM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;641173]I bet run NO.2 was your fastest Nik, good times across the board there. Why is it on these 4 x workouts that the 3rd round is always the most painful, do you agree?[/QUOTE]

Oh man Brady said it on the track. No. 3 was really bad.

Nik Nichols 08-10-2009 01:05 PM

[QUOTE=Nick Harris;641121]Awesome pull-up results Nik! Way to go man! This WOD exhausted me big time![/QUOTE]
Thanks bud, but it sucked. Tabatta h#ll!!
[QUOTE=Camille Lore;641160]Where's the beast smiley? Nice work![/QUOTE]

Thanks Camille!!

Nik Nichols 08-10-2009 01:21 PM

3:00 break
For time:
Handstand hold against a wall, 30 seconds
30 steps walking lunge
30 squats
30 push-ups
30 squats
30 steps walking lunge
time 9:05

Brad Rasmussen 08-10-2009 02:52 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;641189]Oh man Brady said it on the track. No. 3 was really bad.[/QUOTE]

For me, round 2 has to be the worst. Just the thought of knowing that there's 2 more to go.

Jesse Emers 08-10-2009 06:17 PM

Nice runs Nik. That looks like a fun handstand workout too! Keep working on them. One thing I noticed when practicing my handstands is that I overworked my shoulders sometimes without realizing it. I got tendonitis a couple times when I was practicing FSHSPUs on the regular.

Nik Nichols 08-11-2009 06:23 AM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;641413]Nice runs Nik. That looks like a fun handstand workout too! Keep working on them. One thing I noticed when practicing my handstands is that I overworked my shoulders sometimes without realizing it. I got tendonitis a couple times when I was practicing FSHSPUs on the regular.[/QUOTE]

Funny I'm starting to notice that. My shoulders are toast. They are toast alot thease days. but they are a week point.

Ernie Guevara 08-11-2009 07:29 AM

God job on the last workouts nik! I haven't done any wods since Friday and I'm twitching to get my fix! All have been doing is walking hike trails in the mountains of north Carolina!

Nik Nichols 08-11-2009 11:23 AM

[QUOTE=Ernie Guevara;641721]God job on the last workouts nik! I haven't done any wods since Friday and I'm twitching to get my fix! All have been doing is walking hike trails in the mountains of north Carolina![/QUOTE]

Still that sounds like fun, Hicking is cool.

Ugg, I hate rest days, I want to get out there and play. But I know, I need to rest to heal. You get stronger from recovery. But it is killing me.:mad:

Nik Nichols 08-12-2009 06:21 AM

Linda... How to do it.

We have 2 bars, if I have enough weight, I figure I will set up the bench bar and leave it on the rack. Then set up the deadlift bar. I'll do the deads, pull the weight off the bar for cleans, hit bench, go to cleans, put weight back(as quickly as possible) on the bar for deads and go again.

Anybody with a better idea please chime in.

Scott Jenkins 08-12-2009 06:48 AM

That sounds like the best and only way to do it Nik. AT least you can give it a go.