CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=37110)

Stephen R. Lampl 06-24-2010 02:38 PM

Re: Steve's "I'm not aging quietly" log

[quote=Laurie Smith;802028]Nice job!! I can't even do a hs hold away from the wall. I'm still working on hspu's!!:highfive:[/quote]
Thanks, Laurie - - it was kinda by accident - - came away from the wall without intending to and voila! Still working on HSPU myself........maybe one day when I grow up I'll be strong enough to knock out a few......:D

Helen Lawson 06-25-2010 09:09 AM

[QUOTE=Stephen R. Lampl;801984]BTW, Thank you to all who have stopped by and visited or posted to my log over the last year and a half. I will be logging my workouts on the "Beyond the Whiteboard" site from this point forward, but I will keep in touch with and follow the great work going on at the "Over 50 CrossFitters, Sign In" thread and check in here from time to time on this Log.[/QUOTE]

Just use the Journal option on "Beyond the Whiteboard" when you have more to add then just your WOD results. That way we can check in on both the Physical & Mental sides of you!

Stephen R. Lampl 06-25-2010 12:11 PM

[quote=Helen Lawson;802396]Just use the Journal option on "Beyond the Whiteboard" when you have more to add then just your WOD results. That way we can check in on both the Physical & Mental sides of you![/quote]

Thanks, Helen. I'll have to do that. I am still going to post regularly on the "Over 50 CrossFitters Sign In" thread on this forum. Take care!

Richard Macaulay 06-26-2010 12:12 AM

[QUOTE=Laurie Smith;802028]Nice job!! I can't even do a hs hold away from the wall. I'm still working on hspu's!!:highfive:[/QUOTE]

Il seconds this, great work. I dont go upside down as a rule....lol. I need to work on it though.

Great wod's, im loving your stuff right now steve.

Ricky

Stephen R. Lampl 06-26-2010 12:54 AM

[QUOTE=Richard Macaulay;802690]Il seconds this, great work. I dont go upside down as a rule....lol. I need to work on it though.

Great wod's, im loving your stuff right now steve.

Ricky[/QUOTE]

Ricky, Many thanks? Took a while for me to go "bottoms up" and feel comfortable with it (have dropped myself on my head a few times). HSPUs are not coming right now -- need to up the press work a bit.

Enjoying the WODs more - thanks. I'm really starting to benefit from getting pushed more. Gotta keep up with them younguns, ya know!

Marianne Urbanski 06-26-2010 08:45 AM

Just catching up on your log, Steve.. great work lately..
Cudos on the HS hold away from the wall.. our gym literally has no place to do HSPU, so I don't ever get to practice them..
And... I have to add to Ricky's comment on the "curls"... if you are gonna curl anything, you should try my "wine curls", or you can improvise beer if that is your choice!! :rofl:

Stephen R. Lampl 06-26-2010 08:54 PM

[quote=Marianne Urbanski;802762]Just catching up on your log, Steve.. great work lately..
Cudos on the HS hold away from the wall.. our gym literally has no place to do HSPU, so I don't ever get to practice them..
And... I have to add to Ricky's comment on the "curls"... if you are gonna curl anything, you should try my "wine curls", or you can improvise beer if that is your choice!! :rofl:[/quote]

Marianne,

Thanks! Getting to love handstands - - they ARE fun! Still can't get more than about 5 seconds free....Too bad there's not even a little space along a wall where you guys can get inverted....

As for the wine curls.....I'm not enough of a connoisseur to even know what I'm drinking - - it's either white, rose', or a red.....:rofl:.

Anthony Mattox 06-27-2010 07:49 AM

Hi Steve. Thanks for the positive comments. I think you do great and with your endurance, which is something I have always lacked. Put me in the heat and it goes down hill from there. I don't know anything about the whiteboard. I'll have to check that out. Getting pretty close to 50 myself. Oh, how it goes by so quickly. I'm 100% with you on "not aging quietly." Keep up the good work and may God bless you with all your endeavors. "Walk in the light, so you don't stumble in the dark."

Tony

Stephen R. Lampl 06-27-2010 10:16 AM

Tony,

Hope you're having a great Sunday! The heat definitely sucks endurance out of a person - - we lived in Redding, CA for almost 12 years - - summers with temps at or above 100 for 6 - 8 weeks; dry though. Got acclimated and was able to do my "LSD" runs pretty much every day without issue, but I drank water like a fish.......I want to work toward being able to push through most WODs I tackle without having to stop to breathe.......I'm used to my heart rate staying up (but it's not going through the roof anymore) but oxygen debt just kills me. I run into that routinely before muscle failure - - at least in some exercises.

Beyond the Whiteboard is a great tool - - costs 3 bucks a month, but has the database capacity to store your workout data, PRs, journaling, and computes your specific power output and ranking for the WODs you do.

Have a great day. Blessings.

Steve

Anthony Mattox 06-28-2010 07:53 PM

Thanks for the OHS attaboy. My left arm always gives out on me first. I found a 5 gal bucket helpful (the gym has a leaking roof, so the buckets are plentiful). I probably don't go down as far as I should, but I drop below the thigh plain. It also gives me a feeling of security when my rump hits it I know its time for me to go back up. I struggle with the balance coming back up sometimes. I experimented the other day with hand placement and I think my body likes my hands about 1" inside the smooth rings. You're making great progress. Had a good Sunday, didn't do much but church, family, and of course CF. I hope yours went as well. The "RJ" workout today was extremely tough - 56 min. Thought I was going to die. Could barely get enough water afterward. God bless. Tony