CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 11-17-2011 09:07 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1005700]Sounds a lot like something on your lower rib cage, I have done it a few times, your rib cage expands when you breathe in which relates the pain to breathing, most of the time all you can do is ice and try not to do anything that gives you the pain, I found on each occasion the pain faded quite quickly until you forget you even had the injury.

Besides when did either of us have not a single pain :confused:[/QUOTE]
HA exactly. Always some soreness. I'm not to worried about it, but it sure puts strain on jumping. and DUs.
[QUOTE=Jason A Smith;1005707]Sounds like your body is looking to deload a bit Nik. Likely not a bad idea to give it a bit of a rest for a few days (keep moving, but dial back to 70% or so) and then you will come back freash and charging. Hope the back feels better. Life without some ache or pain would be nice but not likely if you are training hard.[/QUOTE]

I took 3 day off completely, I started again Tuesday. I am watching it and will be careful and see how it goes.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2011 09:44 AM

10:00 break
stretch
2:00min pigeon pose with ban pulling hip out, eac side
2:00 ham stretch band pulling back.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2011 12:17 PM

Snatch balance 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

75lbs
95lbs
115lbs
135lbs
155lbs F,F, good
165lbs F,F, good

In 13 Minutes
•Run 800m
•In remaining time AMRAP of: 12 Pressups, 20 double unders

7 rounds 4 pushups.

Run was done in 3:50 or right there

second set of DUs were a mess and alot of singles. the rest were unbroken or broke only once

Pushups brok after second round to 7/5.

Scott Jenkins 11-17-2011 01:55 PM

You hit the cm2 workout, nice work Nichols, breathy one yes. Good work on the snatch balance.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2011 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1005810]You hit the cm2 workout, nice work Nichols, breathy one yes. Good work on the snatch balance.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm feeling better all arround. The first set of DUs was sore on the back but got better after time.

I did'nt want to just do a max so I told myself after 30 min snatch balance I was hitting the CM2 workout. So I had the time.

It was real breathy. Pushups got hard quick, but DUs got better as I went.

It was a good on to work the DUs which I am needing. That and HSPUs which I havent hit in a wile.

Nik Nichols 11-17-2011 02:37 PM

3:00 break

5 rounds max reps on the min of HSPUs

reps
3/5/5/3/3

Nik Nichols 11-18-2011 07:53 AM

A.M. warmup
30 reps all
GHDs no weight
back ext no weight
pushups
abmatt situps
squats

pullups all deadhang
wide C2B 10
close overhand 10
close underhand 10

rolled my back 2:00
rolled glutes 2:00min a side

DU practice to work that rib back pain. Not great but I dod manage to get into the teens.
Hard not to get frustrated knowing I can do so much better but for the back.

Nik Nichols 11-18-2011 09:43 AM

10:00 break

roll and stretch
2:00 min a side with ball in knee pit
4:00min a side of couch stretch with band pulling leg forward

Couch stretch got painfull after 2:00min but good.

Jesse Emers 11-18-2011 11:20 AM

I haven't been checking logs lately due to busy schedule Nik. I hope you're starting to feel better with the back/ribs. If it's not I wouldn't keep pushing it. My general rule is that if you do something that makes it hurt AT ALL, you are damaging your body further. Like I said, I really hope its passing. If it doesn't, I would recommend some low impact activity like swimming or yoga if you have access to those.

Nik Nichols 11-18-2011 12:24 PM

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1006057]I haven't been checking logs lately due to busy schedule Nik. I hope you're starting to feel better with the back/ribs. If it's not I wouldn't keep pushing it. My general rule is that if you do something that makes it hurt AT ALL, you are damaging your body further. Like I said, I really hope its passing. If it doesn't, I would recommend some low impact activity like swimming or yoga if you have access to those.[/QUOTE]

Will do Jesse. it feels ok now. I am watching it. It is just that low impact jump at the moment.