CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 04-26-2012 03:02 AM

Re: Nik

With the new standard you beat me Nik!!! and 21 unbroken, looks like the standard suits you. I will be doing them everyday at work.

Nik Nichols 04-26-2012 04:52 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1055954]With the new standard you beat me Nik!!! and 21 unbroken, looks like the standard suits you. I will be doing them everyday at work.[/QUOTE]

I think it was more of the fact I have'nt done more then 1 warmup in3 days, so I was fresh and not sore or beat up. First round I gunned through the HSPUs, second round it hurt me. I was going fast for me on the HSPUs because I was afraid of burnout. I paid for that on the next two rounds, plus hands being closer and all.

I think with the standard it will be good for me to try to go faster on the deads if I can. Then I give myself more time on the HSPUs, but I am pretty gassed getting to the bar.

Scott Jenkins 04-26-2012 05:05 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1055966]I think it was more of the fact I have'nt done more then 1 warmup in3 days, so I was fresh and not sore or beat up. First round I gunned through the HSPUs, second round it hurt me. I was going fast for me on the HSPUs because I was afraid of burnout. I paid for that on the next two rounds, plus hands being closer and all.

I think with the standard it will be good for me to try to go faster on the deads if I can. Then I give myself more time on the HSPUs, but I am pretty gassed getting to the bar.[/QUOTE]

Would of been interesting going head to head, mainly because your Diane sounds so different too mine yet there was 2 seconds difference. My deadlifts were unbroken touch n go, probably 1 minute of the total time and I only got 8 HSPU unbroken as my biggest set. I can do more than that but I fell off the wall.

Nik Nichols 04-26-2012 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1055971]Would of been interesting going head to head, mainly because your Diane sounds so different too mine yet there was 2 seconds difference. My deadlifts were unbroken touch n go, probably 1 minute of the total time and I only got 8 HSPU unbroken as my biggest set. I can do more than that but I fell off the wall.[/QUOTE]

HA, that would be intresting. My deas were also unbroken, but I don't go fast. They were tuch and go, but mesured and steady, not really fast, but steady. I guess it is a throw back to when I was'nt lifting right and pulled my back pretty regular on deads. I still kind of fear it.

That would be a cool race, you smoking the deads and me catching up on the HSPUs. I tried to keep the breaks short on the HSPUs but you know I have to rest or hit fatigueworse and die out.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2012 07:14 AM

OK back at work. I got my warmup done, banged off some of the rest from last week.

20 reps all
GHDs
back ext
pushups
abmatt situps
squats

dead hyang sets of 10
wide C2B( left shoulder ''creaky'')
close over hand grip

10 reps HSPUs inside 36inches.

Not much of a rest last week other then not working out. I did not eat enough all week and some crap food. (tortillas mostly)

I though the time off would heal my heel abd knee, but looks like it is not workout related. Heel still sore at times. I think it is bone spurs. Left knee and both calves still sore and tight. Not sure here.

Milton Brisson 04-30-2012 08:39 AM

Hey Nik, I havent checked in in a while, hope that all is well! Reading a couple of pages back, it looks like you had a crazy week last week! Hope that everything is sorted out with your family and eveything!

Solid time on Diane last week as well, havent done that one in a while - I hope it comes up at AI soon!

Keep up the good work!:highfive:

Nik Nichols 04-30-2012 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=Milton Brisson;1056843]Hey Nik, I havent checked in in a while, hope that all is well! Reading a couple of pages back, it looks like you had a crazy week last week! Hope that everything is sorted out with your family and eveything!

Solid time on Diane last week as well, havent done that one in a while - I hope it comes up at AI soon!

Keep up the good work!:highfive:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Milt, we will see on the familly in the next week or so. Glad to be back at work and in a regular situeation.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2012 09:06 AM

10:00 break
Daily squat

bar x3
115lbs x3
185lbs x1
235lbs x1
285lbs x1
320lbs(145k) x2

felt easy all the way. I could have hit another rep at the 145k but it was my daily one rep and just hit a double for fun.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2012 11:41 AM

AMRAP in 8 Minutes of:

12 Burpee Box jumps (30″/24″)
12 Kettlebell Swings (32/16kg)
4 rounds 1 burpee.

Man the burpees really wrecked me. The swings were easy compared. It has been a wile for me to have wanted to stop in the middle of a workout but today it crossed my mind. I am glad I did it..

Oh. back of my left knee was hurting on some of the box jumps, not sure about that.

Nik Nichols 04-30-2012 01:48 PM

3:00 break

hang snatch from below the knee
95lbs x2
115lbs x2
135lbs xfxfx1

the misses were the first one to low and left shoulder hurt.
second was just a miss forward. third good left knee hurt a bit.

Not good to snatch after KB swings. Shoulder knee and back feeling it but not to bad, more of fatigue in the back and shoulder.