CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Competitions (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Add Mental Training to Your CrossFit Workouts! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=82545)

Sarah Frey 06-14-2013 02:52 PM

Add Mental Training to Your CrossFit Workouts!

Hi CrossFitters!

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and the mental training services that I provide. My name is Sarah Frey and I'm a Certified Mental Trainer with a Dallas based company called Mental Training, Inc. I received my BA in Psychology from Claremont McKenna College and my MS in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport Psychology from the University of North Texas. I'm also a member of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology. I grew up playing soccer competitively in Austin, TX and continued to play in college where I was a captain of my team for my junior and senior years.

Over the past year I've become quite involved with CrossFit (from the mental side of the sport) and helped prepare top 10 ranking CrossFit Regionals team and individual athletes from the South Central Region. As all of you know, every WOD that you do in CrossFit is EXTREMELY mental. Your workouts are designed to push you to your physical and mental threshold, and beyond. As I'm sure many of you have also experienced, your mind is often the deciding factor between achieving that PR or completing a WOD as prescribed.

That's where I can help! I work with both CrossFit teams and individuals to teach them the mental skills they need to perform consistently at their best and achieve their CF goals. If you're interested in learning more or would like to schedule a free initial session, email me at sarah@mentaltraininginc.com.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Train Hard!

Sarah

https://www.facebook.com/SarahFreyMentalTrainer

Kainoa Bostock 06-16-2013 11:53 PM

Re: Add Mental Training to Your CrossFit Workouts!

I thought personal ads such as this were disallowed on this forum?

Chris Jones 06-17-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kainoa Bostock (Post 1172322)
I thought personal ads such as this were disallowed on this forum?

Bingo! Especially not on the first post, gotta put in a little time at least before you start pitching stuff.

:icon_spee

Matthew Swartz 06-17-2013 07:52 AM

"Certified Mental Trainer"

lolwut

Ryan Hoegner 06-17-2013 02:40 PM

Going to that Mental Seminar....

Kainoa Bostock 06-17-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Swartz (Post 1172388)
"Certified Mental Trainer"

lolwut

Exactly what I was thinking. And besides, if I decide to do some "mental training", then I'll just take a page out of Rich's book and swim across an icey lake.

Marshall Flagg 06-20-2013 12:46 AM

Here is some free mental training for ya...Harden the...oh wait, can't say that here.

Jeff Railsback 06-20-2013 07:14 AM

All for only $250 an hour.

Sean Seale 06-20-2013 08:12 AM

Why is everybody treating her like garbage? Ok, she's not supposed to advertise for a business on the first post, bla bla bla... But is it a reason to talk like this?

I'm pretty sure that 5 years ago, people advising for individualized programming within the CrossFit community were also made fun of.. Look where we're at now!

Is it too hard as CrossFitters to show a little respect and/or interest towards things we don't know much about? Or do we have to be jerks about it because HQ didn't say it was good?

Jeff Railsback 06-20-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seale (Post 1173267)
Why is everybody treating her like garbage? Ok, she's not supposed to advertise for a business on the first post, bla bla bla... But is it a reason to talk like this?

I'm pretty sure that 5 years ago, people advising for individualized programming within the CrossFit community were also made fun of.. Look where we're at now!

Is it too hard as CrossFitters to show a little respect and/or interest towards things we don't know much about? Or do we have to be jerks about it because HQ didn't say it was good?

That's the way everyone is treated when their very first post on the forum is advertising their product or service (ie spam).