CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Pukie's Bucket (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   combining pullups with school (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=80508)

Hamze Abdi 02-18-2013 09:39 PM

combining pullups with school

How do you guys do it? I'm not sure how to do it anymore. I'm stuck in class from 8:30 to 12:30...

When I was doing 60 pullups, I could stay up as long as needed to get all of them. Now, I no longer have this luxury. I'm scared to sacrifice sleep for the sake of pullups...

Eric Montgomery 02-18-2013 09:48 PM

Re: combining pullups with school

Are you still wasting two hours every day on walking?

I'm really having a hard time seeing how school would prevent you from doing a few sets of pullups at some point during the day.

Jeff Enge 02-18-2013 09:57 PM

Especially if its only 4 hours. Do two sets before school, a set between each class, a set before and after lunch, a set when you get out of class, a set before and after dinner, a set before you get in the shower. I mean, it takes all of 15 seconds at most. You are really overthinking this working out thing.

Hamze Abdi 02-18-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery (Post 1139335)
Are you still wasting two hours every day on walking?

I'm really having a hard time seeing how school would prevent you from doing a few sets of pullups at some point during the day.

It's not like they let me do pullups in school. I already have a hard time maintaining a normal life doing pullups. Now, I have to add school to the mix.

6 hours. 6 hours I am not allowed to do pullups.

Brad Allen Jones 02-18-2013 09:59 PM

That leaves you 18 hours.

Hamze Abdi 02-18-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones (Post 1139343)
That leaves you 18 hours.

I'll try and make the whole thing work. I've just never had to do it before. Last time in school, I was lazier and unable to do pullups...

Eric Montgomery 02-18-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamze Abdi (Post 1139342)
It's not like they let me do pullups in school. I already have a hard time maintaining a normal life doing pullups. Now, I have to add school to the mix.

6 hours. 6 hours I am not allowed to do pullups.

Man, if only there was someone--anyone--in human history who managed to balance school or maybe a job with doing a few sets of pullups per day. He'd be a great person to seek advice from.

How were pullups getting in the way of you maintaining a normal life before? I'm trying real hard to see things from your perspective here but it's not working.

Hamze Abdi 02-18-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery (Post 1139347)
Man, if only there was someone--anyone--in human history who managed to balance school or maybe a job with doing a few sets of pullups per day. He'd be a great person to seek advice from.

How were pullups getting in the way of you maintaining a normal life before? I'm trying real hard to see things from your perspective here but it's not working.

I'd stay up 24 hours a day just to get some more pullups done. That kind of relaxed lifestyle(sleep whenever you want) just doesn't work with school. I'd get scared to eat anything because I'm afraid it will ruin my pullups. I don't even watch TV anymore.

I don't know what to tell you. My life is different now.

John Holcombe 02-18-2013 11:49 PM

Honestly there's not much we can tell you man. Nobody could balance a schedule like that with 60 pullups. We're just mortal men, not gods.

Chris Jones 02-19-2013 12:30 AM

afraid to eat for fear it will ruin your pullups? I sure do like eating meat but spam is low on my list...