CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout of the Day (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Beware of Kalsu (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=54457)

Stephen Yosypiw 01-08-2010 08:51 AM

Beware of Kalsu

Personal info: 20yo, 170lbs.

So about a month ago I posted a thread saying I'd try Kalsu. Took a while after gettin a bit sick, but I finally tried it today. Scaled down to a 95lb barbell.
My final time was 27:29.
It was terrible and yet life-changing at the same time.
I reckon I can pull off a better time next try in a few months, but was just wondering what times other people have gotten with this workout? I don't know what to compare it to, so any opinions of any sort would be appreciated. Cheers

And I respect people who can do this with 135lbs. That is just BEASTLY.

Casey Raiford 01-08-2010 09:13 AM

Re: Beware of Kalsu

We tried it at my box a while ago and it was humbling to say the least. That WOD is no joke whatsoever.

Peter Williams 01-08-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Yosypiw (Post 721345)
Personal info: 20yo, 170lbs.

So about a month ago I posted a thread saying I'd try Kalsu. Took a while after gettin a bit sick, but I finally tried it today. Scaled down to a 95lb barbell.
My final time was 27:29.
It was terrible and yet life-changing at the same time.
I reckon I can pull off a better time next try in a few months, but was just wondering what times other people have gotten with this workout? I don't know what to compare it to, so any opinions of any sort would be appreciated. Cheers

And I respect people who can do this with 135lbs. That is just BEASTLY.

I think Robb Orlando posted a thread here 4-6 weeks ago on this exact topic - also, CFFootball did this workout a few months ago - maybe August? - so you could check people's reported results there for a ballpark.

Hope this helps.

Colin McLafferty 01-08-2010 11:02 AM

Check the "Hardest WOD You've Ever Done?" thread, either in fitness or this forum I believe. Kalsu has a lot of people talking in that thread and some have posted times.

Robert Michael Orlando 01-08-2010 12:35 PM

This workout is sinister. My time was 16:44 as rx'd with 135. I sent the video to HQ but they have not posted it to date. I must say that I'm more proud of that time than almost any other wod I've ever done.

Stephen Yosypiw 01-08-2010 08:42 PM

Whoah, Rob, that is mental. What was your rep scheme?

Cheers Peter and Colin. I'll take a look.

Peter Williams 01-09-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Michael Orlando (Post 721501)
This workout is sinister. My time was 16:44 as rx'd with 135. I sent the video to HQ but they have not posted it to date. I must say that I'm more proud of that time than almost any other wod I've ever done.

You should be, that workout as rxd is like you say sinister from the looks of it - I would have my hands full at 95# and doubt I'd beat your time.

Michael Ingley 01-09-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Michael Orlando (Post 721501)

that's amazing, they need to put that on the front page.

Nick Woo 03-31-2010 05:31 PM

Rob,

While not surprised by your performance, that is awesome and amazing. I'd love to see something like this at the Games. Air Force WOD was similar but not as heavy. I'd love to see this video sometime even if it doesn't get posted to the main site.

--Nick

Leonid Soubbotine 04-01-2010 07:21 AM

Kalsu is no joke. I was the first one at our box to attempt it and due to that my strategy fell apart quickly. We had a cap of 25 mins & I finished in 24:46 :)