CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (http://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   CrossPit (http://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   couture v. lesnar in UFC! (http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=36570)

Jay Ashman 09-02-2008 04:10 PM

couture v. lesnar in UFC!

coming in November...

wow, this is going to be interesting.

power and aggression vs. the consummate warrior...

couture wins but how long does it go?

Anthony Bainbridge 09-02-2008 05:17 PM

Re: couture v. lesnar in UFC!

Oh wow ... that is going to be a very interesting fight.

Adam Scheiner 09-02-2008 05:50 PM

Couture=One of the classiest and greatest MMA fighters of all time
Lesnar= Meathead jerk who is a great wrestler and has good power in the right hand, but don't mention leg locks around him he doesn't seem to like them:D

Guess who I am rooting for?

Adam Scheiner 09-02-2008 05:55 PM

This is a very weird match-up for Randy. Doesn't exactly fit his normal game plan, he can't exactly use his Greco Roman skills when the guy he is facing has a wider back than his wing span. I wonder what kind of submission skills Randy has?

Jay Ashman 09-02-2008 05:58 PM

I agree, Adam.

I think Randy will win because he usually finds a way to beat guys like Brock, but it won't be that easy

Adam Scheiner 09-02-2008 06:07 PM

Yeah on cards this looks good for Lesnar, but hopefully Randy can just out "Old Man" him for the win or in some way knock Lesnar TFO. I would be so happy if that happened, there's just something about Lesnar I don't like, probably that stupid knife tattoo on his chest and his unwillingness to come off as anything but a decent human being.

Jay Ashman 09-02-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Scheiner (Post 391247)
Yeah on cards this looks good for Lesnar, but hopefully Randy can just out "Old Man" him for the win or in some way knock Lesnar TFO. I would be so happy if that happened, there's just something about Lesnar I don't like, probably that stupid knife tattoo on his chest and his unwillingness to come off as anything but a decent human being.

that tattoo is quite bad... for sure.

and I think he is a decent guy, he trains hard and works hard at this craft. He's cocky but a lot of them are.

Emil Berengut 09-02-2008 06:35 PM

I see it as a lose lose for Randy. If he wins-he beats a newcomer, if he loses-he loses to Brock and possibly loses the opportunity to fight Fedor. Either way I am not looking forward to this fight. It seems like a "who wins" match up.

Andrew Wilson 09-02-2008 07:29 PM

Lesnar is like Goro in mortal kombat, I think Randy is going to have to RNC Brock because that head is a tank

Mark Knisely 09-02-2008 07:32 PM

Couture will lose to Brock and even if he magically wins, his match-up with Fedor is outdated. Fedor will destroy Randy if they ever do fight and I honestly can't see how Randy will beat Brock he is too powerfull. Randy hasn't fought for a long time and people can say whatever they want but he has never faced someone like the Vanilla Gorilla. Brock Lesnar by annihilation.