CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 02-06-2012 12:10 PM

Re: Nik

•Snatch 2-2-2-2-2-2-2
missed at 115lbs and just did not have it. Just could'nt get it together. Stiped mistakes.

Skipped it and moved on.

MAX Thrusters (50/25kg) in 12 minutes:
•At 0:00 and every minute complete 4 burpee box jumps (24")
•to be considered Rx you must complete at least 1 thruster in every minute.

yea, 20 reps.

fist round 4 reps, then 2 and 2 and 2 more then singles from there on out to the end.
all about the burpees. I'd finish in time for 1 reps, some sets finished at 8 seconds into the next min.

Burpees were bad, hurt my back just a little and for some weird reason made the arch of my right foot hurt real bad. hips were clocking left side forward on the burpees too.

Nik Nichols 02-07-2012 09:49 AM

Forst I'm 45 years old today.

Second I was not early enough to get my warmup in so i did what I could at 10:00(now)

third I was up half the night with Martin so I'm a bit tired.

rolled my right shoulder blade on ball 2:00min( sore today)
30 GHDs with 10lbs( hard today, quads sore)
30 back ext 25lbs
30 abmatt situps with 25lbs overhead

couch stretch with band 2:00min a side

All I had time for.

Milton Brisson 02-07-2012 09:51 AM

Dude! Happy birthday!!!!:highfive: Hard to beleive that you ae 45, you could give most 25 year-olds a run for their money I bet!

Does this mean that you will be competing in the Open in the Master's division this year?

Jesse Emers 02-07-2012 11:48 AM

Happy birthday Nik. You are working out like a 20 year old. That Kalsu style workout looks really nasty, I can only imagine how much those BBJs suck.

Nik Nichols 02-07-2012 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=Milton Brisson;1031243]Dude! Happy birthday!!!!:highfive: Hard to beleive that you ae 45, you could give most 25 year-olds a run for their money I bet!

Does this mean that you will be competing in the Open in the Master's division this year?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jesse Emers;1031278]Happy birthday Nik. You are working out like a 20 year old. That Kalsu style workout looks really nasty, I can only imagine how much those BBJs suck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Fellas, I am trying to keep fit as best i can. Good day today. I'm after you guys .

Nik Nichols 02-07-2012 12:38 PM

Wednesday
strenght was deadlift so i gign't interupt my plan of heavy deads once a week.

3 rep sets deadstop deadlift bare footed

115lbs x3
185lbs x3
235lbs x3
285lbs x3
330lbs x3
365lbs(165.5k) old 1 rep max weight x3
375lbs(170k) x3 Most I have ever lifted for 3 reps or one rep.

•10 c2b pullups
•10 HSPU's
•10 Deadlifts (110kg)
time 13:46
first round of deads broke at 7, rest were unbroken
pullups unbroken
HSPUs unbroken

I took to long from the pullup to the HSPUs I hit a wall everytime to kick up for the HSPUs. I was afraid of breaking the set and I took to long ''preparing'' for it.

To the deads to long to set up.
to the pullups to long to get on the bar.

If I could just tighten up my breaks and be more confident in my abelity I'd be faster.

Goods are I loved thes session. Workout was hard and heavy but unbroken all but the forst set of deads.

Nik Nichols 02-07-2012 02:46 PM

3:00 break
jerks x2
115lbs
145lbs
185lbs x1
215lbs fail

Scott Jenkins 02-07-2012 02:49 PM

Right Nik. First its your birthday today and your 45!!!! Congrats mate have a good one:highfive: MASTERS HERE YOU COME!!

Second. Great deadlifts today, you may have aches and pains but your core is definately powerful right now, stop moaning.

Thirdly you smashed a load of men in my affiliate on todays WOD, some by over 5 minutes, you have had a great day.

Lastly hope Martin is feeling better today.

Oh yes lastly>>> stop waiting to start the pull ups and hspu just to get it unbroken, kick straight up , jump straight up, knock out half, getting all sets unbroken is not necessary and you will be much faster. I broke 4 sets of my pull ups and 2 of my hspu and went quicker, if you did the same so would you.

Nik Nichols 02-07-2012 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;1031345]Right Nik. First its your birthday today and your 45!!!! Congrats mate have a good one:highfive: MASTERS HERE YOU COME!!

Second. Great deadlifts today, you may have aches and pains but your core is definately powerful right now, stop moaning.

Thirdly you smashed a load of men in my affiliate on todays WOD, some by over 5 minutes, you have had a great day.

Lastly hope Martin is feeling better today.

Oh yes lastly>>> stop waiting to start the pull ups and hspu just to get it unbroken, kick straight up , jump straight up, knock out half, getting all sets unbroken is not necessary and you will be much faster. I broke 4 sets of my pull ups and 2 of my hspu and went quicker, if you did the same so would you.[/QUOTE]

No more moaning, promise. I havent focused to much on deads for the sqyuats, seems the squatting has helped the deads. I feel like I could have repped more too.

Glad I beat someone. I felt pretty good, just need to tighten those breaks up. On that workout it was hard though. I was afraid of breaking the HSPUs because of muscle fatigue. Still it is an excuse.

Same for the deads, that first rep off the ground every round was TOUGH.

Scott Jenkins 02-07-2012 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;1031350]No more moaning, promise. I havent focused to much on deads for the sqyuats, seems the squatting has helped the deads. I feel like I could have repped more too.

Glad I beat someone. I felt pretty good, just need to tighten those breaks up. On that workout it was hard though. I was afraid of breaking the HSPUs because of muscle fatigue. Still it is an excuse.

Same for the deads, that first rep off the ground every round was TOUGH.[/QUOTE]

You beat everyone other than me , not just somebody, if Whale was training (he's been in Portugal for a week) you would of got him by 8 minutes and you did not scale, great work. Yes the first deadlift was hardest, I went careful with them as did not want to mess something up before competition Saturday.

Now enjoy your day and have a nice beer to celebrate your birthday. You are half way to 90!!