CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Nik Nichols 12-22-2010 05:36 AM

Re: Nik

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;882347]Damn!!! You got 13 Nik, think your in the lead right now, dont feel my shoulders have 14 with my collar bone not being quite right, keeps clicking and getting stuck, prob from falling out the window. :D[/QUOTE]

Yea those windows will do a number on the color bones!:rofl:

Really though, dont push it, you have been injury free for a wile now, pushing the HSPU's now just to beat the end of the year wouldn't be the smartest. Me I'll wait a couple of days to give my shoulders a chance to rest up. I should have rested yesterday but I just got all worked up about it.

Already done Randy!!!;)

Nik Nichols 12-22-2010 05:44 AM

"Randy"

75 pound Power snatch, 75 reps for time.

time 8:28
last time 10:23
last last time 11:04

I tried to not go as fast as I could. I kind of paced it. Not gamed it, just went at an even pace to try not to burn out at the end. Worked pretty well. at 40 reps I took a big break befor that I did 20 reps befor any sort of break which was a quick 3 count. I did 5's and 10's from there on out.

Glad for the PR and a good metcon hit. Shows it is all breathing and just enduring the burn and pain. My quads got pretty sore and burny, but I pushed into it instead of stopping for it. Happy.

I can get faster, that big break at 40 rerps I can shave, it was a 10 count and then grab the bar which I'm sure was another 3 to 5 count. But not a complaint just a point to get better.

Oh just a note, all reps were regripped at he bottom, meaning bar on ground open hand close hand pull. I have kind of gotten into the habbit of doing that on deads now so it just happened that way, no real though about it, all bit the last rep which was touch and go.

Scott Jenkins 12-22-2010 05:58 AM

Injury free Nik, not in the last 10 years !! Just moaning about it Free.

Great work on Randy, that's a big improvement on last time, looking forward to hitting that later. You would definately gain some time if you touch n go with the reps, sure there is not reason you cannot do this with that kind of weight. What do you reckon?

Nik Nichols 12-22-2010 08:49 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;882371]Injury free Nik, not in the last 10 years !! Just moaning about it Free.

Great work on Randy, that's a big improvement on last time, looking forward to hitting that later. You would definately gain some time if you touch n go with the reps, sure there is not reason you cannot do this with that kind of weight. What do you reckon?[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean about moan free. It gets tiresome when I complane to much. But still watchout for the colar bone.

Yea touch and go will help alot. I got up this morning at 4:47 and was warming up by 6:00 A.M. I didn't think about it. I only though about the time I did befor and beating it. I knew 1 rep every 8 secons would beat my old time, so I tried to go faster.

I didn't even give it a thought about touch and go. I didn't even think about regripping. It just happend. It wasn't till the last rep that it just happened. So awake and ready I will definantly go touch and go.

I'm off today and knew the only real chance to workout was early. We are going out for the day so not any real chance for a workout.

I'm not to bright as it is so 6:00a.m. is tough for me!!;)

Scott Jenkins 12-22-2010 12:00 PM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;882429]I know what you mean about moan free. It gets tiresome when I complane to much. But still watchout for the colar bone.

Yea touch and go will help alot. I got up this morning at 4:47 and was warming up by 6:00 A.M. I didn't think about it. I only though about the time I did befor and beating it. I knew 1 rep every 8 secons would beat my old time, so I tried to go faster.

I didn't even give it a thought about touch and go. I didn't even think about regripping. It just happend. It wasn't till the last rep that it just happened. So awake and ready I will definantly go touch and go.

I'm off today and knew the only real chance to workout was early. We are going out for the day so not any real chance for a workout.

I'm not to bright as it is so 6:00a.m. is tough for me!!;)[/QUOTE]

My brain also dont start working until about midday and 6am training sounds really harsh, I am still struggling to have a conversation at that time. Have a great day out today.

Nik Nichols 12-23-2010 07:37 AM

Tabata "Bottom to Bottom" Squat
Run 1 mile

Clock starts for run on rising from last squat.

The Tabata Bottom to Bottom Squat is a Tabata Squat but each rep begins at the bottom and ends at the bottom. The turn around at the top is immediate - no pause. The ten-second rest for each interval is also held at the bottom of the squat as opposed to the top. Interestingly, this squat, in contrast to the "normal" Tabata squat, motivates full hip extension. Also, the ten second rests don't seem as short with this protocol!

squats were 15,15,15,15,14,14,12,12

squats were ok, the hold at the bottom wasn't bad, it was the stand up out of the bottom that was bad for me. So sore and tight.

Did the run on the tread mill. That is the first time on a tread mill in a LONG time. Yep, I still hate it.

so squat point is 12
run time is 8:03

Scott Jenkins 12-23-2010 10:28 AM

Real strong work on those squats Nik, I just had to pause at the top too long on the last sets to get the burning to release, sounds weak now but at the time it was necessary, keeping 12+ for that whole thing is hard.

Nik Nichols 12-23-2010 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;882811]Real strong work on those squats Nik, I just had to pause at the top too long on the last sets to get the burning to release, sounds weak now but at the time it was necessary, keeping 12+ for that whole thing is hard.[/QUOTE]

I totally understand. it was real tough. I was pausing at the top too. But I was gaming it and was forcing myself to go. Like you daid to Ernie the run after was funnny for the begining.

Scott Jenkins 12-24-2010 11:23 AM

Have a great Christmas to you and all your family Mr Nichols.

Jay Rhodes 12-24-2010 10:32 PM

Nik! Merry Christmas my friend. All the best to you and your family.