CrossFit Discussion Board

CrossFit Discussion Board (https://board.crossfit.com/index.php)
-   Workout Logs (https://board.crossfit.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nik (https://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=33554)

Scott Jenkins 12-20-2010 07:39 AM

Re: Nik

Glad the back squats went well Nik, and a nice weight also to get those legs working again.

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 07:44 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;881479]Glad the back squats went well Nik, and a nice weight also to get those legs working again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Scott, it was easy pretty much. Challenging but easy. it came down to my back. It has been sore a bit for a wile now, arthritus I guess. a bit of a complaint really. but enough to watch what I'm doing and not go 100%.

I can tell where my back is, if I lean back wile standing I can feel a tiny pop just above the hips in the spine. It doest hurt but it lets me know how my back is. If no pop I'm good. I figure it is the arthritus like I said. Even with that i can still lift, I just have to be extra carefull like today.

Scott Jenkins 12-20-2010 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=Nik Nichols;881484]Thanks Scott, it was easy pretty much. Challenging but easy. it came down to my back. It has been sore a bit for a wile now, arthritus I guess. a bit of a complaint really. but enough to watch what I'm doing and not go 100%.

I can tell where my back is, if I lean back wile standing I can feel a tiny pop just above the hips in the spine. It doest hurt but it lets me know how my back is. If no pop I'm good. I figure it is the arthritus like I said. Even with that i can still lift, I just have to be extra carefull like today.[/QUOTE]

That's probably not going to help that its winter as arthritus is worse then. Amazed you can look for the pop, wish mine would tell me how it felt!! Deadlifts still scare me, almost shut my eyes on the way up hoping for no pain and its such a relief when I finish the last one in a metcon without issue, been better lately though so fingers crossed.

Shannon Mullens 12-20-2010 08:23 AM

Nice job on the back squats! They're one of my favorites. :) So hard some days, but I end up grinning like a freak when I'm done successfully!

Anyway - I hope your arthritis (and other issues) don't bother you too much through this winter!

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=Shannon Mullens;881503]Nice job on the back squats! They're one of my favorites. :) So hard some days, but I end up grinning like a freak when I'm done successfully!

Anyway - I hope your arthritis (and other issues) don't bother you too much through this winter![/QUOTE]

Thank you Shannon, I will be building up my squat now, that is the next focus for me.

As for the arthritus, it is what it is, after that I think I'm pretty well.

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 09:36 AM

10:00 break

10 min squat test

first 5 min harder then the last 5 min. All 10 min unbroken.

I did 6 min shoulder streching. I was trying to get my chest sorness eased up.

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 12:30 PM

Sunday 101219
"Nutts"

For time:
10 Handstand push-ups
250 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
25 Box jumps, 30 inch box
50 Pull-ups
100 Wallball shots, 20 pounds, 10'
200 Double-unders
Run 400 meters with a 45lb plate

HSPU's unbroken
deadlift reset each rep(open hands at the bottom regrip and go) unbroken in that form.
box jumps singles rejump 30in rtepeats are tough for a shorty like me.
pullups 15,10,10,5,10
Wall ball sets of 10. sucked ALL BROKE UP, that and DU were all my time. everything else done almost unbroken.
DU's mostly sets of 10 at least 2 sets colse to 20, My shoulders would fatigue so i kept to 10's and just got it done.

Run with 45lbs bar. Slow and steady.

Time 35:05 first time doing Nutts.

Happy with it. Breaks were long but I haven't done a big metcon like this in over a month and the same goes for wallball.

Scott, yea, you pulled me in on this one!!;)

Nik Nichols 12-20-2010 02:29 PM

3:00 break

20 reps back squat 135lbs

Easy. just working the squat form a bit more. To lazy to do anything else.

Scott Jenkins 12-21-2010 12:56 AM

Your anything but lazy Nik !!

Nice work on 'Nutts', the wall balls and double unders were definately the worst part for me also.

Nik Nichols 12-21-2010 07:02 AM

[QUOTE=Scott Jenkins;881929]Your anything but lazy Nik !!

Nice work on 'Nutts', the wall balls and double unders were definately the worst part for me also.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA I know I'm not lazy, it was about all I could do. I'm on a good cycle right now, and I want to keep going. I know the next 5 days will be tough to get workouts in and I don't want to miss. I'm overdoing it as it is. But I feel good and don't want to stop.

I need to take a rest day I'm pretty sore from the last two days and all the extra work. But in my mind I want to keep training.

This is the second time I attempted nutts, first time I messed my back up on the wallball and didint finish.

My metcon is sucking for now because of the strenth cycle and short metcon but it doesn't bother my(yet) it is a matter of time till I get my wind back.

What are you doing today?